Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Committee Head Speeches!

+16
Deadtyme Skarebear
Patches O'HulaJam
Danielle Saad
Joan Wayne Gacy
PsychoWard
WreckaHolmes
DerbyHowser
IceHurt
Bruiz E HomeMaker
nonny noisemaker
BangHer & Smash
Camp
Dinah D. Molisher
Jerzii BurnPike
aMOXIEcilla
Horror Crux
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Committee Head Speeches! - Page 2 Empty Re: Committee Head Speeches!

Post  nonny noisemaker Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:43 pm

Thank you Patches and Smock for being honest and knowing you wouldn't be as available as you could be for the nso head. And patches I am happy your happy in pr! Yay!
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadtyme Skarebear Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:44 pm

I have been sitting here thinking of how busy my life is...I work two jobs, have a two year old, going to school year round, and I am a Missfit. I am on the freshmeat committee and in PR. I have always worried that if I tried to take a head position that I would be unable to balance all of these things in my life. That said, I do want to help this league in any way that I can. I had some interest in sponsorship head. It is a little intimidating to consider stepping into the position that Nonny so greatly created and has made grow so well. However, this league definitely needs someone in that position. If Nonny is willing to teach her great wisdom, I would love to have a chance to further the sponsorships this league has aquired. We need a few more like Jerm and Annie. Razz
Deadtyme Skarebear
Deadtyme Skarebear

Birthday : 1983-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Can we still do nominations? 'Cause I meant to nominate Mark for NSO head the last time, and kinda flaked....
Laura
Laura

Birthday : 1972-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  cstremlau Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:47 pm

I sent my decline before I understood that we could Co-Head NSO'ing. I would now be interested in being Co-Head with Gacy.

My reasons for declining at this time were based on my current lack of knowledge of all NSO positions, as well as the fact that I have not been with the MissFits for very long (only since Oct 2011). I feel that successful committee heads need to have a good grounding on the history of the organization, as well as goals for the future. I have goals, but haven't yet picked up on many aspects of our past. I also have a tendency to focus on small things--which is why I believe that Gacy would make a great partner, adding balance and contrast. Also, I don't believe that she'd let me have my own way all the time--I'm a bit of a dictator, and need a punch in the face sometimes. pirat

I stated in my decline that I believed that there were some other excellent candidates who had been nominated--but if all declined, I would step forward to avoid having no NSO Head.

So I will step up, but I also want to advertise what my goals would be--it may be that they are not welcomed with open arms Smile

If voted in, I do have some future goals for how NSO's within our league can participate and learn in a way that will make them an even better asset to the MissFits. For one--I think it is imperative that we learn proper Ref signals to better interpret calls and avoid mistaken penalties being recorded. I believe that NSOs and Refs should become more of a working team, which requires that NSOs spend some time at Ref practices to learn. I also feel that the current system of "what do you wanna/think you can do for this bout?" is something that can be tightened up--with actual training goals and tracking of skills learned in the NSO field. Having people who are underdeveloped in crucial positions on the NSO bout crew creates scheduling limitations, as well as avoidable mistakes in real bout situations.

Perhaps unpopular--but I would like to discuss/work towards rotating all skaters into NSOing (or Refing) on an annual basis when rosters allow for this. I understand that this has been used as a Fresh Meat requirement in the past. A skater learning this aspect of the game is nothing but beneficial to their team--having gained better understanding of the way they are being policed, as well as insight into different possible strategies for play. The need for NSOs to remain impartial to the teams playing also allows a skater to think outside of what her normal focus might be.

It just so happens that my recently former career had a major in training--I enjoy arranging and developing peoples skills to benefit the team. In this case, the NSO team.

A concern has been voiced that the Head NSO should be a non skater. This is something that I would have conflict with as it has been my goal from day one to become a skater on the team, and I am working hard towards making that goal a physical possibility. My personal thoughts on the matter are that as long as the skater aspect doesn't impair an NSO's ability to be impartial to calls and decisions made by the Refs--then the conflict is merely a scheduling issue needing time management--and yes, some personal sacrifices occasionally need to be made. That's life, and hand-in-hand with taking on responsibilities.

So.

I don't see myself as a perfect fit, but, I DO know that I dedicate myself 110% to my responsibilities. I've never been one for teams, or even sports in my past, but the MissFits slapped me in the face last October--and before I could even think to say "you bitch!" I was saying "I'm in love...do it again!"

That's how I feel about that.

--Crystal Stremlau
cstremlau
cstremlau

Birthday : 1984-11-14

https://www.facebook.com/crystal.labranche

Back to top Go down

Post  DerbyHowser Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Not related really but not sure if everyone knows this but NSO's can be certified the same way that the refs can. They have their own patches and levels for each job.
DerbyHowser
DerbyHowser

Birthday : 1979-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  cstremlau Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Howser I wasn't aware of that--but I like it!
cstremlau
cstremlau

Birthday : 1984-11-14

https://www.facebook.com/crystal.labranche

Back to top Go down

Post  Manda Lorian Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:19 am

this will be super short: i love NSOing. I really do. and I have no intention of leaving the league. ever. the only reason i didn't run for head NSO again is because I need help doing it. with a co head i would be happy to stay on as a head. but there are so many things i'd like to do and can't by myself and i get really frustrated about that. also i am happy to teach anyone else everything i know. i'm down with whatever works best for the league.
Manda Lorian
Manda Lorian

Birthday : 1980-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Skarebear!!! Thank you for the kind words about sponsorship! And yes I would love to help anyone who would like to take it on trasition and show you the ropes!!
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Embry Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Manda Lorian wrote:this will be super short: i love NSOing. I really do. and I have no intention of leaving the league. ever. the only reason i didn't run for head NSO again is because I need help doing it. with a co head i would be happy to stay on as a head. but there are so many things i'd like to do and can't by myself and i get really frustrated about that. also i am happy to teach anyone else everything i know. i'm down with whatever works best for the league.

I think you do a fine job and also think it would be a good idea for you to have a co-head or 2.
Mark Embry

Birthday : 1967-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinah D. Molisher Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:13 pm

So should P&P also be having a co-head then? I know we're not doing elections right now, but I'm not opposed to making the change
Dinah D. Molisher
Dinah D. Molisher

Birthday : 1980-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Dinah would someone in your committee be interested in co-head?
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerzii BurnPike Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:58 pm

Yeppers
Jerzii BurnPike
Jerzii BurnPike

Birthday : 1970-09-22

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jerzii-BurnPike-exit-5-Mclean-Coun

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinah D. Molisher Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:19 pm

It looks like Jerzii is Smile It hadn't even been discussed as a possibility before now...
Dinah D. Molisher
Dinah D. Molisher

Birthday : 1980-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  DerbyHowser Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:21 pm

I would offer to help with P&P as well.
DerbyHowser
DerbyHowser

Birthday : 1979-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2