Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A WFTDA safety requirement....please read

4 posters

Go down

A WFTDA safety requirement....please read Empty A WFTDA safety requirement....please read

Post  nonny noisemaker Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Just wanted to remind everyone that one of WFTDA's safety requirements is that we have at least 2 EMTs at every bout away and home. This includes mixers. Our interleague coordinators will make sure this happens when booking away bouts and mixers. Also all captains and bench coaches please double check that EMTs are there before skate time at away bouts. 

Not only is this wftda but it is also in each skaters best interest. 

Thanks and good luck to all bouting this weekend! MissFits be everywhere!! 
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

A WFTDA safety requirement....please read Empty Re: A WFTDA safety requirement....please read

Post  IceHurt Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:27 pm

Can I add from a personal standpoint, when practice is starting or is over and you are gearing up or taking things off- your skates are the last thing you should put on or the first thing to take off. I often see people skating off track while un-gearing or still stapping up wrist gaurds while warming up. Well how silly would you feel if you tripped and hurt yourself becaue you were rushing? I would be pretty mad at myself. I am still working on getting into the habit of this myself but just some food for thought. 
IceHurt
IceHurt

Birthday : 1985-07-06

Back to top Go down

A WFTDA safety requirement....please read Empty Re: A WFTDA safety requirement....please read

Post  Camp Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Thanks Ice! That actually is also a requirement. Howser has been getting on us about it Smile thanks Howser!

Also I believe, not 100% I have to look but I think if a claim is to be made with WFTDA it has to be within 30 days. Oh and one more this it doesnt have to be EMTS. Here is the list of qualified people, it does have to be 2!

5.2.1. Safety Officer: Leagues must identify a Safety Officer who is responsible for ensuring league activities meet safety standards. The Safety Officer is responsible for maintaining certification records and should be involved with coordinating CPR and First Aid training as needed.
5.2.2. Professional Safety Staff: Volunteer or hired professional Safety Personnel trained as Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs), Certified First Responders (CFRs), or Paramedics. It is highly recommended that emergency medical personnel be used when possible. Alternate medical personnel may be used to supplement Professional Safety Staff requirements. Alternate medical licensure and certification might include:
5.2.2.1. Physician with orthopedic and/or emergency medical experience 5.2.2.2. Athletic trainer with CPR training
5.2.2.3. Licensed Practical or Registered Nurse with current CPR training and orthopedic and/or emergency experience
5.2.2.4. Nurse Practitioner, Physician’’s Assistant, Physical Therapist with current CPR and orthopedic and/or emergency experience
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  JMFK Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:02 am

Reminder about putting on/removing gear at practice...see Ice's post above!
Lately there have been a number of instances where this requirement has been ignored or forgotten. Nobody wants to be the one to call someone out, but these are important guidelines for everyone's safety. Please don't be on skates without all of your gear on. Thanks!
JMFK
JMFK

Birthday : 1981-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down