Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WFTDA apprenticeship.

Go down

WFTDA apprenticeship. Empty WFTDA apprenticeship.

Post  hellsmelle Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:16 pm

Just was sent a few more questions by the reviewer so I just wanted to let everyone know that our apprenticeship application is one step closer to being accepted! We may be WFTDA official soon! Whoo hoo!

H.M.
hellsmelle
hellsmelle

Birthday : 1981-10-04

Back to top Go down

WFTDA apprenticeship. Empty Re: WFTDA apprenticeship.

Post  hellsmelle Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:08 pm

Just got this in my inbox, ironically!

Due to the continued high level of interest in WFTDA Apprentice Membership and to ensure that leagues in the program receive the full support and attention they deserve, the admission review process has been tweaked. Our program can support about 50 leagues at any given time and we are currently at capacity. Unfortunately, your league is temporarily placed on a waiting list until we have an available mentor.

This is in no way a reflection on your league. Here are the factors we considered:
- The order in which complete applications are received.
- The number of available mentors and the level of experience of the mentors available.
- A balanced "class" in terms of league experience/maturity.
- Availability of mentors equipped to mentor international (non-US) leagues.

In your case, we simply received the hard copy application materials from a handful of other leagues before we received yours. We will be working to match your league with a mentor as soon as we can. Most likely, this will happen when the next group of AP leagues graduate during the next quarter. So far, the average time spent on the waiting list has only been one quarter.

In the mean time, please feel free to contact me (femifist@gmail.com) or Mistilla (mistilla16@gmail.com) with any questions or concerns you might have. Hang tight, we won’t keep you waiting forever!

FemiFist
WFTDA Apprentice Program Manager
Dixie Derby Girls
Huntsville, AL
hellsmelle
hellsmelle

Back to top Go down

Post  hellsmelle Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:27 pm

So, as I'm sure you all know by now, we have been accepted as a WFTDA apprentice league! This means, after finishing the program (which could take anywhere from a few months to over a year), we will be officially WFTDA material and can hold sanctioned bouts, take part in tournaments, be ranked, etc!

I heard from our mentor today, Cleopatra Catastrophe from the Santa Cruz Derby Girls! I will post updates as soon as I have them!
hellsmelle
hellsmelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down