Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ISU Homecoming Parade

4 posters

Go down

ISU Homecoming Parade Empty ISU Homecoming Parade

Post  Grand Laursony Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:41 pm

ISU Homecoming Parade, Saturday, October 6, 2012, starts at 9:30 a.m. --More details to come.
Grand Laursony
Grand Laursony

Back to top Go down

ISU Homecoming Parade Empty Re: ISU Homecoming Parade

Post  Sunshine Bash Her Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:20 pm

I talked to a girl in the administration office and the theme for ISU homecoming this year is being Groovy or something like that but they are marketing girls with roller skates on their posters! So maybe somehow we can get in on this, or dress groovy or whatever!
Just FYI

sunny
Sunshine Bash Her
Sunshine Bash Her

Birthday : 1985-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger Spite Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:10 pm

We are all signed up for the Homecoming Parade on October 6th! This is a busy day for us, since we also have the bake sale at the Farmer's Market that day, but it is very important that we all get out there to support our league and advertise our October bout! Also, as always, parades are a lot of fun, and this parade is very well attended so we should have a large enthusiastic group for it!

Here is the information I have so far. I will be checking us in at 8:30 am, in front of the Office of Residential Life on University Avenue. Mark will be there with a vehicle around this time too, to check in and hold our spot. We have not been assigned a spot yet. The parade starts at the corner of College and University streets. All participants should get there before 9:00 if they can, and before 9:30 at the absolute latest. Please bring candy!

I will follow up for information about where we should park and things like that. Let me know if you have any questions!

Here's the sign up! Please sign up! http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0B45A5AF2F4-isuhomecoming
Ginger Spite
Ginger Spite

Birthday : 1983-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Laursony Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:34 am

Bump.
Grand Laursony
Grand Laursony

Back to top Go down

Post  Barty Mcfly Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Ben and I where talking and we both think we need to show a big presence at this Parade. It is a huge community event! I know a ton of my coworker and friends go to this every year with their family and friends. It is also a great a event for ISU students who most don't even realize there is a roller derby team in town. I know when I went to ISU I would have loved something like roller derby since it would have been something fun to do earlier in the night other then going to the movies or a perfect even to pregame at. Basically I'm just trying to put some pressure on others in our league to please sign up if they can because we could really really really use the help.
Barty Mcfly
Barty Mcfly

Birthday : 1982-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Barty Mcfly Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:24 pm

*were* talking
Barty Mcfly
Barty Mcfly

Birthday : 1982-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger Spite Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:54 pm

So I am getting super excited for the parade tomorrow! We will not be assigned a spot until tomorrow when we check in. I'm sorry I don't have exact spot where we are meeting tomorrow.

Here is what I suggest you all do:
* There are a few free parking lots along Locust St., so park there!
* Then head over to the Office of Residential Life on University and Beaufort Streets where the mobile units will be getting checked in and lined up. Hopefully you'll either see us in the line, or you can ask a nice ROTC cadet where you need to go!
* Please be there before 9:30 am. Yes, I realize that it is highly likely that we will be waiting around, but both parade coordinators have explicitly emphasized that all participants need to be there before 9:30 am!
* Also, I have the parade route map, which has the free parking lots marked, and I can e-mail that to you, if you would like, just let me know!

Can't wait for tomorrow, see you all there! Please sign up if you haven't yet!
Ginger Spite
Ginger Spite

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger Spite Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:44 am

We are lined up for the parade on University Street by the Metcalf School, behind the WBNQ van.
Ginger Spite
Ginger Spite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down