Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets start the New Year off right!

3 posters

Go down

Lets start the New Year off right! Empty Lets start the New Year off right!

Post  Camp Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:23 am

I understand that with the holidays and the bout it has been difficult to attend everything, however attendance is really important, not only for you, but for your team mates too. With that said I have emailed the calendar for January and updated the forum calendar! Please print these out and put them up where you will see them. Or check the forum on the regular. Remember MissFits must have at least 75% attendance to all fundraises and practices, team meetings are mandatory! If for some reason you can't make it you need to talk to Wrecka. No excusses for not contacting her!
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Lets start the New Year off right! Empty Re: Lets start the New Year off right!

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:15 pm

I would love to attend more but some things get put up last minute and I get confused as to what things you put up that are like mandatory type events or just because events. So just so it's a bit more clear, the calender that you gave us for January are the events that would be considered part of the 75 percent of events we need to attend? However as the month goes on and someone adds something or volunteers us somewhere that would then not be considered part of the mandatory events? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:57 pm

It says in the bi-laws that we have all signed that fundraisers and practice is 75% attendance to stay active. The team meetings are all mandatory and I sent out a December Calendar of events also, on all calendars I put at the bottom that they are subject to change because we do have other stuff come up with in the month. If you ever have a question feel free to ask your sissfits, because she knows everything.
Also this is why it is very important to follow the forum so you do not miss out on anything Smile
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Oh sorry and no the volunteer stuff is not mandatory, just really good for the experience. I am pretty sure the only volunteer stuff we have had lately is for the bout. I love you
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:08 pm

Ok ,thanks!

Back to top Go down

Lets start the New Year off right! Empty https://mcmissfits.forumotion.com/post?t=332&mode=reply

Post  PsychoWard Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:36 pm

I know that all of this stuff can be confusing and even I get confused. I totally thought that the Hockey game on Saturday was an appearance and I'm including the information about attendance in the by-laws to help explain why. I still sent Wrecka an email telling her I had to work but I'm just a cover all my bases kinda girl. I'm also including what I found about attendance concerning the bout because I got confused by what you said about the bout being voluntary Camp. I totally thought bout attendance was mandatory and not voluntary.

2. Event Attendance Requirements

McLean County MissFits are required to attend 75%... of fundraising events per year. Events do Not include what we define as appearances which are when we participate in another organization’s event as a way to increase visibility, support the organization, etc. Moxie Thundersox will make clear what an appearance is and what an event is. Exemptions from events are illness, injury, family emergencies, previously planned vacations and work. If you must miss an event, we please ask you to notify Wrecka Holmes.

1.Bout Attendance
Bouts are considered mandatory, regardless of the player status, unless pre-approved by Wrecka Holmes or the Team Captain. Please submit a request in writing 14 days prior. All league members must be present at the pre-determined time for set-up and shall remain until take-down is complete. If you do not attend a bout and do not have a valid excuse (valid excuses are what would be considered valid to miss work-death in the family, pre-planned vacation, family wedding, travel or illness that requires a doctor) you will not make attendance requirements and be on probation. If a teamed skater does not have a valid excuse, they will not skate in the next bout.
PsychoWard
PsychoWard

Birthday : 1978-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Thank you for posting this. I was just saying for the bout if people wanted to help by NSOing or anything else, but yes as for attendence every MissFits should have been there unless they had already been excused, right?!?

I think maybe should bring this to the team meeting.
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Totally. Can we make this a talking point at the next committee meeting? We can hash out how to assign "mandatory" vs. "voluntary" for each event. Maybe make a special code on the calendar from here on out?

This is a good conversation to have to make things super clear for everyone. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:45 pm

Louden Surly wrote:Totally. Can we make this a talking point at the next committee meeting? We can hash out how to assign "mandatory" vs. "voluntary" for each event. Maybe make a special code on the calendar from here on out?

This is a good conversation to have to make things super clear for everyone. Thank you!

Great idea!
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:04 pm

As soon as we book a fundraiser event I announce it on the forum and at team meetings. if there is anywhere else i could be announcing it please let me know. thanks a million. love-nonny
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:29 pm

ok so the the hockey thing was mandatory? i should be ok though because i had to miss it due to work totally agree with a coding system on the showing what is mandatory and not.with three jobs i kind of have to pick and choose when to request off so i have to make totally sure that i am requesting off for mandatory events.sometimes i have the dumb Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:45 pm

The hockey game was not mandatory. Tomorrow I will post all upcoming and mandatory fundraisers. Janice you are all good! Peace and love!
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down