Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VP Speeches

+2
Camp
Ross Leuck
6 posters

Go down

VP Speeches Empty VP Speeches

Post  Ross Leuck Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Good evening-

Below are the speeches for Vice President. Please be aware that voting will be sent out Wednesday. If it is Thursday and you don't have the email, please let us know in this thread. Here we go:

Rebecca Spears (Ima Schoolya)
Hi, I’m Ima and I want to be your Vice President. Let me tell you why:

I’ve been here since the beginning, when we took the floor at Skate ‘n Place with
rental skates, no gear or mouth guards, and a playlist of punk favorites and roller
rink standards. We came together to skate and talked about playing roller derby,
and although we didn’t know what we were doing, we found our way.

I believe that as MissFits, we will always ALWAYS find our way. I want to be a part
of the group that insures the longevity of our league. A league that has changed and
bettered not only my life, but also the lives of the many friends and sisters I have
gained just by strapping on some roller skates.

If elected, it’s my goal to make sure that each and every member of our league
feels heard and represented. I want to help in working out difficulties within our
organization, which will undoubtedly arise as we continue to grow. I want to be
a representative for all league members – those who are bold enough to speak
openly about problems as they arise, as well as those who may not be comfortable
speaking for themselves. I want to help maintain the positivity and sisterhood that
the MissFits have been able to preserve, through thick and thin.

Above all, I love this league. As a teacher, it is my business to make sure every
student in my classroom succeeds, regardless of his or her individual strengths or
weaknesses. I have a similar drive to have a hand in the success of the MissFits – as
individual league members and as a league. I will do what is needed to make this
happen.

Thanks and Love,

Ima

Taneea Gustine (Banger and Smash)
First of all, I am very honored to have been nominated for VP of this amazing league.

I truly didn’t know what I was in for when I went to tryouts, I was overjoyed when I got the email that I had been selected(yes, I still remember where I was when I opened it – LOL), and am still overjoyed every time I get geared up to skate. Over the past year, I have grown so much, not only as a skater, but as a person and team mate.

I believe I would be a good fit as VP for several reasons. Lets first talk about skills, no not skating skills(although that is much more fun), I mean leadership skills. I have lead several groups in the past, I have the ability to deal w/ people from all walks of life. I practice “servant” style leadership. I will work for you. I am level headed, and have the ability to look at both sides of the picture before just leaping forward. I am an open communicator and a diligent listener. I am organized and am able to manage my time and balance my life so that attention is given to all matters as necessary. I am accountable to myself and to any organization I serve. I am results and goal oriented, if we set a goal, I do whatever I can do ensure that we achieve that goal. I have the ability to see the big picture and think ahead. As a league, we have to ensure that what we do today will allow us to successfully move forward in to tomorrow.

Ever since I was a little kid, spending my weekends at the skating rink(b/c I am from a small town and that was ALL we had to do!), I dreamed of playing roller derby….that and football, but my mom would have NO part of that?! To be able to even put on skates and BE a roller girl is a dream come true for me. Being able to serve this league and continue to grow this league would be an even bigger achievement for me. Not only do I love to lead, I love to see things get done. That has been evidenced by the numerous hours I have put in alongside many of you in bout planning, preparing, setting up and running. I have a good foundation of knowledge on how this league runs, and I have a lot of ideas that will help us be even better. Voting me in as VP would allow me a chance to give these ideas a try and see what we can accomplish together. I stress together because this is a SKATER-run business and we all should have a voice and a say in what happens.

I also want to acknowledge that I have a tremendous support system in my wife and family that allows me the time to dedicate to this league. My wife is often times along side me helping me complete things for hospitality, make locker room signs and complete contracts for interleague. They support me in this, without their support, I would not be running.

I look forward to the opportunity to serve as your VP, work with our amazing board and getting to know each of you a little better. Thank you for your consideration!

Ps – if I were making signs for the high school hallway, they would read:

“She’ll save you some cash, vote for Smash” (my wife often tells me I am a cheapskate)

“Get off your ass, Vote Smash” and “Don’t want rink rash, vote SMASH”

Lindsay Harms (Munch)
I have been involved with this league since fall of 2011 and have enjoyed my time here. I've been a ref (since last fall) and a member of HR (for 6 months). In my tenure in both positions, I feel that I have shown myself to be a fair and unbiased league member. This is just one reason that I think I could be a valuable asset in the Vice President position.

I have owned my own business for 3 years now, have been president of a multimillion dollar construction company in Peoria, and am now working in a residential treatment facility as an associate director. I have been president, vice president, secretary, parliamentarian of other organizations including Women in Leadership, not for profit organizations, a sorority, honor societies, etc. Each of these positions have offered me the chance to see the inner workings of businesses as well as a variety of organizations. These experiences have shown me that making decisions for the best interest of the business/organization is crucial, and yet will sometimes not make you the most popular member of that organization.

My goal, if I were to be voted in as Vice President, would be to encourage our organization to make processes repetative and fair for all involved. We need to document decision making and keep notes on actions taken, conversations had, and resources available. We need to understand that the Missfits are an integral part of the Bloomington/Normal community. With this recognition comes much responsibility to uphold a good reputation that honors that community, our members, and the sport of derby.

I would be honored to remain involved with the inner workings of the Missfits, but know if I'm not the highest vote getter, it's still an honor to be nominated. Thank you for your time, and good luck to all of us running.

Again, voting is sent out on Wednesday. Please read through these and vote wisely! Question
Ross Leuck
Ross Leuck

Birthday : 1977-09-22

Back to top Go down

VP Speeches Empty Re: VP Speeches

Post  Camp Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:38 pm

These speeches are so great! Good luck ladies Very Happy
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

VP Speeches Empty get your vote on

Post  Mcmhrbusiness Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:30 pm

Get your votes in for vp!!! We are anticipating a close race, so please vote!!!

BTW, "ballotbin is stupid." -Wrecka Holmes

Also, check your spam. Survey was sent from surveymonkey.
Mcmhrbusiness
Mcmhrbusiness

Back to top Go down

Post  Mcmhrbusiness Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Voting will close Monday at midnight.
Mcmhrbusiness
Mcmhrbusiness

Back to top Go down

Post  Horror Crux Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:56 am

I did not get an email. Not in my spam folder either. Horror_crux13@yahoo.com
Horror Crux
Horror Crux

Birthday : 1983-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Rita Rogue Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:05 am

I haven't gotten one either, in either folder. Please send again!
Rita Rogue
Rita Rogue

Birthday : 1985-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Mcmhrbusiness Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:54 am

Rita Rogue wrote:I haven't gotten one either, in either folder. Please send again!

rita rogue! it says we sent it to you! circlespunk@yahoo, right?
Mcmhrbusiness
Mcmhrbusiness

Back to top Go down

Post  Mcmhrbusiness Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:54 am

Horror Crux wrote:I did not get an email. Not in my spam folder either. Horror_crux13@yahoo.com

resent. we were missing the 13.
Mcmhrbusiness
Mcmhrbusiness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunshine Bash Her Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:45 pm

I did not see this is my email either Sad ashleyboyer85@gmail.com

sunny
Sunshine Bash Her
Sunshine Bash Her

Birthday : 1985-09-11

Back to top Go down