Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby Training/Cross-Training/Gym FAQ (merge here)

+4
PsychoWard
Manda Lorian
nonny noisemaker
aMOXIEcilla
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Derby Training/Cross-Training/Gym FAQ (merge here) - Page 2 Empty Re: Derby Training/Cross-Training/Gym FAQ (merge here)

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:39 pm

When I was doing pilates regularly (twice a week for an hour each session) I was so toned and fit and my core was amazing...Pilates videos will do what the trainer I was seeing will do though, just have to have the gumption to do it.

Its funny you mention this, I'm researching kinect games for this very reason...

but yes, pilates was the big core builder for me.

Back to top Go down

Derby Training/Cross-Training/Gym FAQ (merge here) - Page 2 Empty Re: Derby Training/Cross-Training/Gym FAQ (merge here)

Post  nonny noisemaker Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Sweet thanks zook ill have to check that out!
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:44 pm

P90 X works well, same thing tho have to be motivated to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:05 pm

Pilates is AMAZING! Totally got my waist back after my second kid with that stuff.

I've also heard great things about the P90 X thing. I heard it's hardcore! (no pun intended)

Back to top Go down

Derby Training/Cross-Training/Gym FAQ (merge here) - Page 2 Empty General Derby Training/Cross-Training FAQ -- lots of posts from lots of threads

Post  Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:37 pm

here.

Back to top Go down

Derby Training/Cross-Training/Gym FAQ (merge here) - Page 2 Empty Gym membership.

Post  hellsmelle Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:36 am

I am considering switching gyms to Four Seasons and I believe we could qualify as a corporate sponsor which would mean reduced fees. People who are already members could switch over as well. Is there any interest here?

Thanks!
hellsmelle
hellsmelle

Birthday : 1981-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Hey, Melle! Just an FYI - Four Seasons' definition of a "family" is two married parents and their resident children. We considered joining about a year or so ago, initially they would not give us a family membership because (at the time) we weren't married - they actually asked for a marriage license. We took it to their board, who said they would give us an exception, but would not change their policy to be more inclusive. We didn't join. They may have changed their policy since and I'm not sure how they will deal with definitions of family now that Illinois law has changed. I just wanted to share that info with you and others in the league. It is a great place for folks with kids, it just stinks that they have such an exclusive definition of "family". Perhaps there's an opportunity here to press them a bit on it...

Back to top Go down

Post  hellsmelle Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:54 pm

Malice,

I actually used to write for a gay publication called Out and About out of Peoria and I wrote a piece on this policy! That's the reason that I went with a separate gym for a year. I'm pretty sure they're never going to change. :/ I'd also be open to other gym suggestions! Smile
hellsmelle
hellsmelle

Birthday : 1981-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Gold's has a very inclusive policy, in my experience. They do a couple's discount and don't require any proof of anything. Mel and I have had one for about 3 years now, and it's pretty reasonable. The training and class options are good, and aside from some building/roof issues, I'm happy with it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenacious T. Basco Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Well you know my take. I have always been at seasons and I LOVE it there. I have friends at work that do Golds. I am not sure about the family rate policy mess at seasons though, I was shocked that they gave you such a hard time. I love their activities for kids. I think you should go where you feel the most comfortable. good luck!
Tenacious T. Basco
Tenacious T. Basco

Birthday : 1979-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2