Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4/08 Karnival Knight

+2
Ginger Spite
Camp
6 posters

Go down

4/08 Karnival Knight Empty 4/08 Karnival Knight

Post  Camp Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:04 pm

April 8th
Karnival Knight at Northpoint- a HUGE family event with bouncy houses, WII games, prizes, I mean it's huge like 1,000 people.
Also, part of Karnival Knight includes a giant silent auction of baskets donated by area businesses. Last year, I won the auction for the "Downtown Bloomington" basket that included gift certs. to Reality Bites, Rosie's, Lancaster's, Central Station, Fox and Hounds, A Renee, and tickets to an Extreme Football Game. I was thinking that if there's any interest in doing this, maybe we could donate like a family 4 pack to the bout for one of the baskets? How does this sound?

Love,
Ima.

We are going to use this as a PR event, to sell tickets and get people ampt up about our bout the next day. We are also going to see about putting together a MissFits basket to auction off, with some merch and 2 free tickets to the bout! YAY

No Not Required
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

4/08 Karnival Knight Empty Re: 4/08 Karnival Knight

Post  Ginger Spite Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:19 am

I have been working with the Karnival Knight coordinators to get everything arranged. I'm still working out details, but here is what I know so far. Sorry, I did not post about this sooner, but I finally got into contact with the coordinators last Sunday. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

The event is April 8th, from 4:30 - 7:30. The actual event starts at 5:00, but they would like some of us to be there at 4:30 to help set up our areas. I cannot be there right at 4:30 because I have a legal clinic that day, but I should be there around 5ish, but Camp will be. They then do the basket raffle at 7:30 pm - so that is when we stop skating around and all activities.

They would like us to skate around and advertise our bout in all the activity areas, and they are also giving us a table where we can sell tickets for our bout and run a game (I'm double checking to see if we can sell merch there as well). It may be outside or inside (so if you want to skate around make sure you have both sets of wheels).

We are also making a basket with tickets to the bout and merch for the raffle that they have. The coordinators can make the basket, if I get them all the stuff, or if someone crafty wants to put the raffle basket together that would be great. Just let me know.

Anyway, that's the basics, I will have more details when they come. Post if you have any questions. Sorry about the tardiness.
Ginger Spite
Ginger Spite

Birthday : 1983-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Ima Schoolya Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:55 am

Woo hoo! I will obviously be there the whole time. We can keep our gear/other stuff in my classroom, it will be closed.

Bring your kiddos! Not sure of cost for stuff, but it is always a fun family event Smile Also, the raffle baskets are UNREAL. Raffle tickets are cheap and you win GOOOOD stuff (obviously since we also have a basket in the raffle)!
Ima Schoolya
Ima Schoolya

Birthday : 1981-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger Spite Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:09 pm

The details about Karnival Knight:
The Basics:
Northpoint Elementary School
April 8th
4:30 - 7:30, the basket raffle starts at 7:30 (raffle tickets are 50 cents)

What we will be doing:
Some of us will be skating around (if it is nice, I think most of the skaters will be outside with the Kettle Corn Vendor and the barbershop quartet, by the entrance) handing out fliers for the bout and telling people where they can buy tickets from us at Karnival Knight

Some of us will be running a game and selling tickets to any interested parties in one of the gyms where all the games and other activities will be taking place.

We will be done with this around 7:30 because that is when the activities end and the basket raffle begins!

Rules to Remember:
We're going to be at a school - so no smoking on school property

They are very excited about our derby outfits, but let's make sure they are somewhat modest. The coordinators told me no cleavage.

If you have a risque-ish name, some judicious name editing would be great!

Other Notes:
Camp will be there at 4:30 to help set up. If some other Missfits could please join her then, that would be great.

Unfortunately I will not be there until 5ish because I will be conducting a legal clinic at my office until then. However, I will scurry over as quickly as possible. Also, I will gladly run the game and ticket table once I get there, so I can take over for anyone who would like to skate when I get there.

Ima has offered her classroom to store our gear in - thanks Ima!

We are providing a raffle basket -- I am organizing that.

That is everything. Questions?
Ginger Spite
Ginger Spite

Birthday : 1983-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:11 pm

i can show up to help at 4:30 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:14 pm

arieljohnsey wrote:i can show up to help at 4 Smile

ariel I I love you u so much right now!! You dance in cages, you host pasta parties, you help with PR...OMGURSOGREAT!!!
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:10 pm

I will be there when I get off work. It's normally about 430-5. I'm going to take all my derby clothes to work with me so that will make changing easier. So excited ladies!

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoWard Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Don't forget your skates shayna! just saying.
PsychoWard
PsychoWard

Birthday : 1978-08-04

Back to top Go down

4/08 Karnival Knight Empty hmmm

Post  MisterBates Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:47 am

ill be there after work!!! woohoo il be sure i dont have any cleavage!!
MisterBates
MisterBates

Birthday : 1985-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Ima Schoolya Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:33 am

Yay! I'm excited you guys are coming to this! My students just got their programs for this yesterday and one came running up to me "Mrs. Spears, the Missfits at Karnival Knight! Go Ima Schoolya!" Loved it!
Ima Schoolya
Ima Schoolya

Birthday : 1981-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:51 am

Camp Rockurass wrote:
arieljohnsey wrote:i can show up to help at 4 Smile

ariel I I love you u so much right now!! You dance in cages, you host pasta parties, you help with PR...OMGURSOGREAT!!!

geek thanks lady Smile I know i'll be with mr. bates for a bit trying on the cupquake costume, but i can come over right after we're done there. also, i saw someone reminding someone to bring their skates----so we are rollerskating around? someone probably already posted that we are, but just checking, we are going to be skating around in little-kid appropriate derby clothes, right? i'll keep the booty shorts at home.

thanks!!! you're pretty freakin' sweet (said in a napoleon dynamite voice). gosh!

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:56 am

Yep skating outside handing out flyers, derby kid approved clothing Smile I think im going to wear my tutu cause everyone loves a tutu Smile
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  T Wrecks Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:07 am

I'll probably be there around 5:30, hopefully sooner. Also bringing my derby clothes to work...if I can find anything "family friendly." Very Happy Is the weather supposed to be nice enough to skate outdoors? Just wondering if I should go ahead and switch my wheels out now to save time...
T Wrecks
T Wrecks

Birthday : 1985-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:23 am

right now it says high of 66 and mostly cloudy...I think we will be good to go for skating Smile
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Camp Rockurass wrote:Yep skating outside handing out flyers, derby kid approved clothing Smile I think im going to wear my tutu cause everyone loves a tutu Smile

yes! i have a red tutu from halloween (dressed up as snow white). red tutu + red tube socks....hmmmmm....sounds magical.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:20 pm

MisterBates wrote:ill be there after work!!! woohoo il be sure i dont have any cleavage!!

the mits are for private shows only Wink --your comment made me lol for realz.

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:46 pm

2602 East College Avenue, Bloomington

This is the address, incase anyone was unsure Smile
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content