Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you want to be a Captain/Co-Captain?

+7
Bruiz E HomeMaker
DaizeAster
aMOXIEcilla
hellsmelle
Ass.Crack.Jack
Camp
PsychoWard
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you want to be a Captain/Co-Captain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want to be a Captain/Co-Captain?

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:34 pm

If Taz would like a co-captain I would join her in that venture!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Do you want to be a Captain/Co-Captain? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you want to be a Captain/Co-Captain?

Post  aMOXIEcilla Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:57 pm

shelly snider wrote:If Taz would like a co-captain I would join her in that venture!!!! Very Happy

get it get it sissfit!!
aMOXIEcilla
aMOXIEcilla

https://mcmissfits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:14 pm

Tayz, I am so glad you're a MissFit!!! (and an effin good blocker, too Very Happy )

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:15 pm

SnarkerP wrote:It's SO about time that Tayz had her own emoticon:
cake

OMG looovee it!! Thank you thank you!!

And I love you ladies too. Thank you for the kind words. I really can't tell you how much I am in love this team already. I speak from my derby lovin' heart. And right now it's full of MissFit lovin'! I love you

And Shelly, post that chit!! Very Happy

Sprinkle Sprinkle cutesy cakes - cake

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:18 pm

TAYZ! I just love you! I am so glad you are a Missfit now!

Moxie: can we discuss that tonight at the meeting? of course I am one of the only derby singles, and now I am one of the only ones running for a captain position by myself....do I stink ladies? WTF? But really, how is the voting going to work? Will you vote captain and co-captain together? or will the top 3 get captain, bottom 3 get co-captain?
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Ok Tazy but everyone already knows I want to fly the plane with you...

So there I was at the long drug out eye appointment pulling my little droplings with me for their eye exam. Here comes this oh so cute bouncy thing behind the counter, Amanda, to help me. So with kid in tow I try to keep up with the skipping and whistling of this over cheerful Cinderella in front of me, I was dodging the little animal droppings as her magical ring of animated unicorns frolic around her. We chat for a minute and start to talk about day to day shit when I hear her say something about this derby team she is on. So while smacking her unicorns away I ask her to tell me more. She says that there is this tryout coming up and I should go. I took her card with chuckling in the air.

I went home and it was all I could think of; I woke up the next morning and as the steam from my French roast peeled the lead filled paint from the window seal I began to contemplate the crazy notion that this mother of three could play derby. With my fingers hesitant and strumming on my desk I finally send Amanda a message getting more info. Next thing you know I’m at BJH in a pair of smelly rentals skating on a gum soaked floor. I showed up early as I always do and for the first time it paid off, apparently Mox thought to herself this is my kind of bitch, now we are sissfits and I love her. I went home that night a bit over whelmed stinking of old skate and pride. I waited to hear back thinking whatever comes of it was meant to be. YOUR IN was the words I heard!

Excited and nervous I told my children what I was about to do, my oldest supportive high fives me, my middle looks it up online and proceeds to tell me “with those outfits you should just go strip for a living”, and my youngest was so happy as usual, even though he had no clue what derby was, and either did I till now.

Derby is love all wrapped up into cute knee socks and booty shorts even to revealing for Paris Hilton. It’s not just a cool girl sport, it is a way of life and an honor to be part of. It defines strength in women that they never knew they had but always desired to obtain. It defines beauty, character, and a bond that can be found among the sea of derby girls everywhere. You are exclusive; you recognize one through any given crowd as they stand taller and with a determined sense of pride like no other. So while my son still doesn’t get why mommy does not tuck him at bedtime on Mondays, and my daughter still can’t fathom why mom dresses like a bad 80’s music video, one thing is for sure, I get it, I understand, and I love it!!!

So my little Tazy Cakes if you will have me I will co-captain us into victory!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  DerbyHowser Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:18 am

So can anyone give a recap of the current ballots and does having a co-captain count as your first draft pick?
DerbyHowser
DerbyHowser

Birthday : 1979-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  aMOXIEcilla Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:52 am

hr should be keeping track and has the time limit of sunday for any persons running. and i guess it should count as a first draft pick-but we will all have a captain and a co-captain so it will be even
aMOXIEcilla
aMOXIEcilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Ima Schoolya Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:10 am

Ass.Crack.Jack wrote:TAYZ! I just love you! I am so glad you are a Missfit now!

Moxie: can we discuss that tonight at the meeting? of course I am one of the only derby singles, and now I am one of the only ones running for a captain position by myself....do I stink ladies? WTF? But really, how is the voting going to work? Will you vote captain and co-captain together? or will the top 3 get captain, bottom 3 get co-captain?

I had some similar questions about voting too. Is each person voting once or three times since there will be three captains/co-captains named? Also, since most people running have a running mate, are we just voting for captains and they're bringing along their co's? Thanks!!! teacher
Ima Schoolya
Ima Schoolya

Birthday : 1981-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:21 am

Not sure if this is exactly how it will go, but this is how it looks in my brain...every person who has voting rights will be voting for 6 people, 3 captins and 3 co-captins. If you vote for a captin with a running mate you will also vote for their running partner Ex: You vote for hrmm, we will say you want to vote for Camp Wink so then you will vote Moxie in as co-captin. Then if you want to vote for Jackers you can select a swag co-captin like Daize or Melle. Does that make sence...sometimes it makes sence in my brain and not in real life lol
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  aMOXIEcilla Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:04 am

captain:

Camp
Melle
Bruiz e
Malice
Tayz

Co-captain:
Snarker
Moxie
Ward
Shelly
Daize
Jackers

this is what i have so far-can we just not confuse things since everyone doesn't have a running mate? vote for 3 of each? the list might continue to grow with the confusion so just putting this out there. also i was confused as to which snarker or malice was going for captain and which for co. so i just put it as i thought since snarker first said co. please correct anything if i am wrong
aMOXIEcilla
aMOXIEcilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hellsmelle Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:08 am

Beautiful. Thanks, Mox! Smile
hellsmelle
hellsmelle

Birthday : 1981-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:13 pm

tayz there are tears on my desk. love you

Back to top Go down

Post  hellsmelle Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:06 pm

I'd like to announce that Daize and I will be running together for captain/co-captain. Smile Team Melle-Aster!!
hellsmelle
hellsmelle

Birthday : 1981-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:10 pm

Admin wrote:captain:

Camp
Melle
Bruiz e
Malice
Tayz

Co-captain:
Snarker
Moxie
Ward
Shelly
Daize
Jackers

this is what i have so far-can we just not confuse things since everyone doesn't have a running mate? vote for 3 of each? the list might continue to grow with the confusion so just putting this out there. also i was confused as to which snarker or malice was going for captain and which for co. so i just put it as i thought since snarker first said co. please correct anything if i am wrong
I believe we both put "co" - I think we weren't really differentiating, just thinking about working as partners. Does it matter for the teams other than we'd need to decide on a captain and an alternate for bouts?

Back to top Go down

Do you want to be a Captain/Co-Captain? - Page 2 Empty READ ME! UPDATE 1/31: The Poll is Private

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:32 pm

**UPDATE: I just sent an email out to all eligible league members regarding the captain/co-captain poll set to start tomorrow morning (at 6am). The instructions should be pretty clear, but please don't hesitate to get help if you need it.

CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL/SPAM BOX (haha...spam box is such a great euphemism for vagina).

If you did not get the email and feel you should have, please let me know.

Thanks mamas!

OK party people, here's the scoop:

An executive decision was made that while people can throw their hats in the ring with someone else, the VOTING will be for each individual person. This decision was made because the whole double ticket was muddying up the process and blah blah blah. I won't bore you. This'll be better. I promise. Very Happy

After the votes are counted, the elected captains and co-captains will pair themselves up. (It may be their original choice or it may not, depending on who gets voted in). Everyone with me so far?

When we vote, each vote-eligible league member will vote for 3 captains and 3 co-captains out of the people who have voiced interest (see list below--also, there is still time for more people to jump on this train. This list can and will be modified if needed). Everyone who votes will have 6 votes to cast. 3 captains and 3 co-captains. Three of each position. (Big and orange = EXTRA IMPORTANT)

Captain:

Camp
Melle
Bruiz e
Tayz
Snarker

Co-captain:
Malice
Moxie
Ward
Shelly
Daize
Jackers

Last edited by Louden Surly on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:56 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:41 pm

Malice, I moved your name to the co-captain list on the new thread I started in Important Info ("READ ME!...").

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoWard Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:47 am

Never have I ever been interested in sports. Those of you that have feel free to take a drink. I've had a handful of memorable gym class moments, none of them being what you would call positive. I really enjoy teasing breeders about the homoerotic vibes radiating throughout football. I also like the tight shiny pants that show off a man's best ASSets. I'm pretty obsessed with baseball uniforms but that's really more about my obsession with stripes.
Nonetheless I can tell you exactly where I was the first time I watched the first episode of Rollergirls on A&E. I followed the entire season and I was seriously depressed when it was over. Every episode I would bemoan the fact that there wasn't a league in BLO/NO and I would threaten to move to Texas knowing every time that my friends would claim I was a crazy idiot who wasn't moving anywhere. Years later when Whip It came out I watched with the same drive and focus and said the same exact thing. There has never been an ounce of doubt in my mind(except for the day I fell on my ass and pissed off my tailbone, which never happened). I was made for roller derby.
I like to say that roller derby made me realize what true love means. I'm starting to realize that is more of a half truth. You bitches made me realize what true love means. You're one of the best things that ever happened to me. Life and love had broken my heart good and hard. I was so jacked up and timid it took an entire day to talk myself into going to our very first practice. Nerves kept me in the bathroom and forced me to be a half hour late. It took a month for me to stop feeling intimidated. Before Moxie's bachelorette party I was convinced everybody was going to declare war and undying hatred against me. So many people said so many nice things to me that night it made me realize all my past drama with women didn't have anything to do with the Mclean County MissFits. Every day I think about all of you. As a community, and on an individual level. You are all welcome to call or text me at any hour of day. I'm always here for you no matter what the problem is, no matter what you need.
Picking just three Co-Captains from the list of choices is going to be difficult. I am a huge fan of every single woman I am running with. They all possess qualities I admire. They are all leaders of our amazing community. It would be an honor to lose to any of them. Whether I win or lose the election for Co-Captain I can guarantee that in the next few months leading up to our MissFits on MissFits bout I will personally be working on my level of aggressiveness and I will be working with my team to hone our concept of strategy and communication on the track. I'm also going to do everything I can to make sure that every skater on my team is ready, willing, and more than able to destroy your team. Whatever team I am on is totally going to kick your team's ass. I'm going to get Shayna to tell every member of my team that someone from your team was hitting on her special someone at the last fundraiser in the hours leading up to our epic death match so as to make the girls on my team all angry and out for your team's blood. We are going to make your awesomesauce look like sadpatheticlosersauce on the track. Then at the after party I am going to go on and on about how you had the best boutfit pretty much ever. After a few beers I will spend too much time talking about how I kept getting knocked on my ass because I kept getting distracted by yours. Girl they have a term for asses like yours. It's called poured in. And the word for how looking at it makes me feel is satisfied.
PsychoWard
PsychoWard

Birthday : 1978-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  JMFK Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:27 am

Oh my gosh Sandra I just love you so much. You made me laugh, then cry, then laugh again Laughing
JMFK
JMFK

Birthday : 1981-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:33 pm

I swear there should be a disclaimer on this thread.
Between Tayz and Ward I'm about to lose my shit (in the best way possiable of couse).

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2