Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skate n Place

+7
aMOXIEcilla
Ass.Crack.Jack
Bruiz E HomeMaker
nonny noisemaker
PsychoWard
T Wrecks
Ima Schoolya
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Skate n Place - Page 2 Empty Re: Skate n Place

Post  Bruiz E HomeMaker Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:46 am

Left Hook Zook wrote:[quote="Bruiz E HomeMaker"

Daize, i agree.[/quote]

Agreed, to a certain extent. He could just very well be excited, the man's passion is skating afterall. However, we are all aware he is not in good financial status, so before any money is taken, something in writing should to be drawn up and agreed upon by both parties. Otherwise there is a good possibility he will pocket monies and we will see nothing.

Is there a possibility of writing up a contract for this (instead of $10 make it $5 or something someone will actually pay) and possibly get him to lower the head cost for us girls if we consider him a sponsor then? This could could be good for us and him/community.

I know he is difficult, so I'm just putting it out there...written contract or we take a huge risk of being taken...[/quote]

I agree with people being concerned. Here are my concerns. I am concerned that in an attempt to make xtra $ Gene will want to have ALL of our practices be open for viewing. I think that we should have a special scrimmage every once in a while that people can pay to watch. I personally don't want people to show up at all of our practices b/c I think it will be distracting and take away from getting everything done. I also think that having a lot of outside people there may be a problem with all of the $ we pass back and forth at practice. We wouldn't want anything to turn up missing. And finally, this time is just for MissFits. We don't need anyone and everyone just showing up to watch us. That's how I feel about it.

Bruiz E HomeMaker
Bruiz E HomeMaker

Birthday : 1978-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 am

Contract, contract, contract. There is no way to prevent Mr. Green Gene's (sorry to defame my beloved Mr. Green Jeans of Cap'n Kangaroo) from stiffing us on this and doing whatever/whenever he likes without one. I realize it will be dicey but Ricole can pour on the charmola and polish Gene to a lovely shine of "agreegability". $10 seems insane so maybe that will automatically eliminate the majority of weirdos/creeps. Blegh.

Once a month seems reasonable, sort of.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ima Schoolya Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:21 am

Bruiz E HomeMaker wrote:
Left Hook Zook wrote:[quote="Bruiz E HomeMaker"

Daize, i agree.

Agreed, to a certain extent. He could just very well be excited, the man's passion is skating afterall. However, we are all aware he is not in good financial status, so before any money is taken, something in writing should to be drawn up and agreed upon by both parties. Otherwise there is a good possibility he will pocket monies and we will see nothing.

Is there a possibility of writing up a contract for this (instead of $10 make it $5 or something someone will actually pay) and possibly get him to lower the head cost for us girls if we consider him a sponsor then? This could could be good for us and him/community.

I know he is difficult, so I'm just putting it out there...written contract or we take a huge risk of being taken...[/quote]

I agree with people being concerned. Here are my concerns. I am concerned that in an attempt to make xtra $ Gene will want to have ALL of our practices be open for viewing. I think that we should have a special scrimmage every once in a while that people can pay to watch. I personally don't want people to show up at all of our practices b/c I think it will be distracting and take away from getting everything done. I also think that having a lot of outside people there may be a problem with all of the $ we pass back and forth at practice. We wouldn't want anything to turn up missing. And finally, this time is just for MissFits. We don't need anyone and everyone just showing up to watch us. That's how I feel about it.

[/quote]

Bruiz E, I 100% agree with you, and getting stuff done and practicing was my biggest concern when I read that practices may be opened to the public for viewing. This definitely needs to be discussed further, a contract written, and exact dates/times for these viewings should be set in stone before we do anything else. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. Scrimmage tonight won't be open, right?
Ima Schoolya
Ima Schoolya

Birthday : 1981-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:27 am

Good post Bruize babe:

I feel that free advertisement is just that, free to us! It his his business and even tho he is in financial woes right now we need him more then he needs us.

1) Lets talk to him and see what his intentions are and what his game plan really is. I think he is trying to make a buck which is what people do when they own businesses. He owns two others and I don't think he is as bad off as we may think. We have to keep our heads on in this one if we piss him off then we are up the old shit creek, I for one hate swimming in shit.

2) I don't really enjoy the thought of him sponsoring us however again we need our name out there. We have a lot of ground to cover before we get an official bout here at one of the venues going. We need ISU/IWU students, we need old and young and unfortunately we even need the perves that show up at SP taking pics of our asses. The good with the bad.

3) I hate to point this one out but 10 dollars to watch us play freeze tag does not seem reasonable to me, even watching a scrimmage where we are not going 100 %. I think people expect something with a bit more "Whip It" influence" to it that have never seen it. They may be disappointed paying 5 dollars less than a bout ticket to come watch us stretch.

4) He obviously does not understand "good" business or he would of consulted us first and it shows his utter lack of respect for us as well. However again we need any and all word spread about the Missfits, and we need it fast. I don't want our first bout to be a few hundred, I want it to be 3 or 4 thousand. We can do that if we get the word out and start focusing on that aspect, worrying more about that then anything else. This is why it is so important I we find a permanent home to skate and I hope that happens soon.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:42 am

Can we just make sure creepy ICP/clown guy doesn't come to practice again? Serious nightmare material.

I agree with it being good exposure. Also strongly agree we need a contract to protect ourselves.

We'll have to put our stuff out on the floor if a bunch of the public is going to be in the lobby as well. They can't be on the floor--distracting and a HUGE liability issue.

I think he should keep the price on the higher end as well. $10 a head might help weed out the kookoopantses.

I like the idea of having one "open" scrimmage a month. It would definitely give the public a taste of what they could see at a full bout and hopefully sell more tickets to our home opener. Very Happy

Also, the more $ we make the sooner we can move our practices away from a place that has almost reached critical mass size-wise.

Lots of good points being made on both ends here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Double Painbow Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:58 am

I, for one, am incredibly concerned about leaving my belongings without someone to watch over them. At any given MissFit event, I leave with upwards of $100- $200 on my person that I have collected for whatever reason. While I assume I can just keep my treasurer stuff with me on the rink, I still feel INCREDIBLY uncomfortable exchanging that amount of money in front of non-MissFits. I understand that our records as a Not For Profit organization are open to the public, however I don't think viewing the physical exchange and seeing where I keep the money is safe or smart.
Double Painbow

Birthday : 1987-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post  aMOXIEcilla Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:00 am

this is why katie it is important for him to understand the public cannot come until 4:30 on a saturday so all of our business is taken care of.
aMOXIEcilla
aMOXIEcilla

https://mcmissfits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Just a thought, if we are going to have a contract with him we might wanna make some stipulations about how he advertises. The sign now reads "Ladies Roller Derby Practice", there is nothing about the Missfits. Also calling us "ladies" might be false advertising Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:45 pm

In the, very short "meeting" he had with a few of us we agreed on scrimmage practice only. I think $10 is a fair deal and will totes weed out the ickies. I'm sure there will be some kind of contract and dates set in stone, our fearless leader would not send us in an unsavory direction.
As for scrimmage practices I think ppl would get to see a good game, I know I practice at 100% everytime even if my 100% that day is sucky. The Push have "family" nights where friends and family can come and watch them scrimmage and someone (Pro) walks people through the game so the crowd can understand the game better. I think that is a great idea and what I was thinking when he proposed it to us.
If we have set dates then PR can pump it up all that much more.
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:18 pm

Hey dolls!
Well said everyone and very good points from every angle.

When we agreed to do this last week with Gene, he didn't mention starting this tonight, he said "We can talk more about it Wednesday"...which does frustrate me a bit. Grrr. That said, we are going to go ahead and do it tonight since he already advertised it and we don't want to piss off the public. I doubt we are going to have a lot of spectators tonight, but we may, so be prepared to NOT BRING ANYTHING OF VALUE OR PERSONAL BELONGINGS. If you must, use a locker and lock your stuff up for a quarter. Whoever gets there first needs to make sure that the public is NOT ALLOWED in until 6:15 so we can get our business taken care of first and they can provide us a place for our gear. I won't be the first one there as my sitter is notoriously late.
We're working on making ID's for league members and passes for family/friends for future events, but since this just got brought to our attention, this won't happen by tonight. Let's try to make the best of a shitty situation tonight and we'll get the details sorted out for the future. We will most def need to have a contract with Gene for this, one which includes what we need from him in order to agree to do this again. Don't worry gals, your fearless board will not let us get represented in a negative light or get taken advantage of.

Remember, he is 73, sick and VERY VERY hard of hearing. Plus, you put a little Alzheimers mixed with greed in there and yes, you get shit like this. Erg, Fn Moobster.

Sorry I didn't get to respond to this until last night, I got a couple VM's on my way home from MO alerting me to it and I did drive by about 9 to see it when I got back into town.
We will get it all figured out ladies. Sorry again for this...on a positive note, we will be kicking some butt tonight at practice, so whoever decides to pay 10 bucks will most certainly get their money's worth!
Love you all...sorry again for the unwanted & unannounced invasion...hopefully it will make us a little less nervous to bout in front of how many thousand ppl at the Civic Center? LOL?!?!? vomit

Back to top Go down

Post  aMOXIEcilla Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:27 pm

thank you cherry-so so much. your level head and gene's love for you is a great asset to the league! love you so!!!!!!!!
aMOXIEcilla
aMOXIEcilla

https://mcmissfits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Talk about old-timers...he says to me last week (while I stuck around to schlamooze him a bit more) "Do I know you"? I laughed so fn hard.

Back to top Go down

Post  T Wrecks Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:15 pm

So, if the public might be there, do we want to scrimmage the whole time, or should I still plan on the endurance bit?
T Wrecks
T Wrecks

Birthday : 1985-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:31 pm

Let's still do endurance...we need it to get warmed up, plus we will only 20/10/20 for scrimmage so there will be plenty of time. cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  T Wrecks Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:33 pm

Cherry Scarcia wrote:Let's still do endurance...we need it to get warmed up, plus we will only 20/10/20 for scrimmage so there will be plenty of time. cherry

Ok, good. Just checkin'. Smile
T Wrecks
T Wrecks

Birthday : 1985-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Thanks for laying it all out there, Cherry! I feel much better about this now that we've talked about it here on the forum and have a plan in place to protect our ASS-ets. Very Happy Hey, that could be another great name for our Jeerleaders: The Ass-Ettes!

Anyway...good lookin' out, fearless board. xoxo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Louden, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that name!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Admin wrote:thank you cherry-so so much. your level head and gene's love for you is a great asset to the league! love you so!!!!!!!!

DIDO!!!
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Dill Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:11 pm

So...for any freshies that want to come and watch...does that mean we will have to pay also? Not trying to stir the pot, I was just wondering.
Molly Dill
Molly Dill

Birthday : 1975-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Molly Dill wrote:So...for any freshies that want to come and watch...does that mean we will have to pay also? Not trying to stir the pot, I was just wondering.

I asked the same thing earlier Molly, it sounds like they will get passes for people that are involved with us, so you don't have to pay and you don't have to deal with the hassle everytime. check the HR thread, they have more info there!

Last edited by Ass.Crack.Jack on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found a new thread)
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Dill Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 pm

So what your saying is....we actually do need stinkin badges?

Just kiddin. Cant wait to whip out my official missfit membership card. Very Happy
Molly Dill
Molly Dill

Birthday : 1975-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:18 am

Molly Dill wrote:So what your saying is....we actually do need stinkin badges?

Just kiddin. Cant wait to whip out my official missfit membership card. Very Happy

BAH! HAhahahahaha!!! Stinkin' badges... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:30 am

We're totally gonna get some stinkin' badges. Wink

Also, we are going to make "passes" for friends and family of MissFits who come to practices to watch, take pics, observe, etc. so there's no confusion at the door.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2