Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New skates?

+2
nonny noisemaker
Ass.Crack.Jack
6 posters

Go down

New skates? Empty New skates?

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:04 am

I know quite a few of you just got new skates and are experiencing some foot or ankle pain, I gave some friends some suggestions last night at practice.

Here is an article with a bunch of different ways to lace your skates to relieve pain or prevent injury.
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/tipsforsports.htm

Or you can Google the specific problem and there are a ton of articles on how to lace skates or running shoes.

Also, Johnston's Hockey shop in downtown Bloomington offers a service to break in your skates where they bake them and then you just chill there as they form to your feet. Hockey skates are broken in this way and it was recommended if I had trouble breaking in my Antiks. There is a way to do it at home, but you are taking the chance of ruining them. Johnston's does it on a daily basis and know how to properly do it. (This is where I picked up those 84 inch wax laces that have survived longer than any other pair of laces I have busted through before)

For all of you friends with tape on the toes of your skates, or skates with the toes looking sad: Adrian's Shoes and Repair offer refinishing for approximately $20 and it is typically used for refinishing toes on cleats. My Antiks came with a reinforced toebox, but it could probably use a touch up.
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

New skates? Empty Re: New skates?

Post  nonny noisemaker Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:36 am

Thanks for posting this and always looking out for our safety Jackers!
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  T Wrecks Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:26 am

nonny noisemaker wrote:Thanks for posting this and always looking out for our safety Jackers!

Yes, thank you! (My toes thank you, too). Smile
T Wrecks
T Wrecks

Birthday : 1985-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm pretty sure Wrecksy baked and shaped her skates, but you can't do that will all skates, so make sure to look into it before you pop those bad boys in the oven Smile
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

New skates? Empty yes please

Post  Tenacious T. Basco Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:15 pm

Speaking of new skates, its about time. Know of anyone having good pricing or sales these days? I am ready to write a fat check...and retire my poor old skates...
Tenacious T. Basco
Tenacious T. Basco

Birthday : 1979-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Laurie Bederka Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Sure do! Contact Steve Highley 19steve59@gmail.com He is a a Riedell rep that we've been working with. He's located in the burbs and was just here so you'd need to go to him. He'll fit you and give you a 20% discount. He's amazing!!!!
Laurie Bederka
Laurie Bederka

Birthday : 1976-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down