Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft Proposal - Annual Reassignment

4 posters

Go down

Draft Proposal - Annual Reassignment Empty Draft Proposal - Annual Reassignment

Post  DerbyHowser Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:06 pm

The P&P Team has created a number of proposals for the draft for the team to review and vote on. Only one may be selected and rejecting all proposals is an option. Please use this thread for discussion of this proposal. Thanks!

- P&P channeled via Howser

All skaters would be initially be ranked by the training committee in a similar fashion to the rankings done earlier this season (for A/B Teams). Each year, the home teams (today Dactyls, Betties, Quakes) would have all of the skaters pooled together. A predetermined number of skaters are assigned to each team. Teams would be balanced out so that the total rankings are equal on all teams. This could mean skaters remain on the same team, it may mean they will not.

This would make teams mathematically competitive. For example, if each team is to have 14 skaters, the total ranking score for a team will be all the the selected skaters added up so they are similar. The teams would be determined based on these scores and would be reshuffled annually.
DerbyHowser
DerbyHowser

Birthday : 1979-08-26

Back to top Go down

Draft Proposal - Annual Reassignment Empty Re: Draft Proposal - Annual Reassignment

Post  Camp Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:39 pm

OK so for this one, we have 3 skaters on LOA (me being one) and not ranks nor have we passed min skills, I will not be returning until after the draft...so do we not get placed on a team? If this is the case are we just free agents with the hopes of being fostered??

Also how would this work once a year if we take on FM 2 times per year? Like would this new round of FM not be able to be drafted to home teams?? I can see where this system would be good to give skaters a new fair team to work with each season and would likely cut back on any tension there is between teams...I just think one of the main reasons to even keep home teams is so everyone has a home??
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Draft Proposal - Annual Reassignment Empty Re: Draft Proposal - Annual Reassignment

Post  IceHurt Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:04 pm

This effects the 'ranked draft rotation' option as well. We could either not count skaters who have not been ranked yet or we could wait to draft until before home season starts. You are going to have to pass it at some point to return to skating. Depending on when fresh meat graduates we could set it up around that.
IceHurt
IceHurt

Birthday : 1985-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  JMFK Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:36 pm

I am not a fan of this.
JMFK
JMFK

Birthday : 1981-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down