Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Transfer Freeze Has Been Lifted and the Transfer Policy and Procedure

+2
DerbyHowser
Mcmhrbusiness
6 posters

Go down

The Transfer Freeze Has Been Lifted and the Transfer Policy and Procedure Empty The Transfer Freeze Has Been Lifted and the Transfer Policy and Procedure

Post  Mcmhrbusiness Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:45 pm

The Board and HR have decided to lift the transfer freeze. If you know skaters that are interested in transferring to the McLean County Missfits please have the skater contact HR directly at mcmhrbusiness@gmail.com.

Here is also how the transfer procedure is going to work. We want everyone in the league to understand how transfers will be chosen.

Transfer Policy:

This policy will take place for any skaters who wish to transfer from another league to the McLean County Missfits. The Skater wishing to transfer needs to email HR at
mcmhrbusiness@gmail.com. The skater wishing to transfer in needs to have a letter from previous league stating the following:

*Skater was able to make financial obligations
*Skater has taken and passed all WFTDA skills test
*Skater has taken and passed WFTDA written test
*Skater was active in previous league
*Skater was actively rostered for one season
*How long skater was with previous league

The skater wishing to transfer will have an interview with current Board and HR members. A minimum of 5 members need to be present for interview. One member from the Board and one member from HR will conduct the actual interview. The rest of members can/will be present for interview. If all 9 members can not make it to the scheduled interview, those members can
either say it is ok to conduct the interview with out them or ask to try to re-schedule interview if they wish to be there. Once the interview is done the Board and HR will vote to let Skater in. Vote must be unanimous by the Board and HR.

If the skater is accepted to transfer to the McLean County Missfits they will have to attend 12 league practices (currently Sunday or Wednesday nights) and will be on a 60 day probation period. They will not be able to be rostered until after they have completed 12 league practices. Once the skater has their 12 practices that skater will then be eligible to be drafted to teams at the next draft.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Mcmhrbusiness
Mcmhrbusiness

Back to top Go down

The Transfer Freeze Has Been Lifted and the Transfer Policy and Procedure Empty Re: The Transfer Freeze Has Been Lifted and the Transfer Policy and Procedure

Post  DerbyHowser Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Since when does HR and the board write policy and then do it without a league vote which is in the bylaws?
DerbyHowser
DerbyHowser

Birthday : 1979-08-26

Back to top Go down

The Transfer Freeze Has Been Lifted and the Transfer Policy and Procedure Empty Re: The Transfer Freeze Has Been Lifted and the Transfer Policy and Procedure

Post  Ima Schoolya Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:19 pm

DerbyHowser wrote:Since when does HR and the board write policy and then do it without a league vote which is in the bylaws?

I guess I've recently wondered this too. I'm not disagreeing that decisions need to be made, but I feel like we've voted as a league on much less pressing issues than transfer policies, committee recruitment, and attendance policies. What constitutes a league vote vs. a board/HR decision?
Ima Schoolya
Ima Schoolya

Birthday : 1981-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  DerbyHowser Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:37 pm

These are all bylaw changes and need a league vote as stated in team meeting 3/23.
Policy and Process has it's own group and it's own process... these decisions are not left to the groups themselves. They decide how to act within the rules, not write the rules for themselves.

Aka, HR handles transfers, they don't write transfer policy.
Fresh Meat group write up their lesson plans but doesn't change how the commitee policy works.

These are all gross violations of the bylaws and would be impeachable in most organizations. I'm not sure what people aren't getting, these are gross abuses of power and completely overstepping your authority. The league voted to make the board figureheads when they established that the votes must pass every bylaws change by majority. The P&P commitee was established to put together policies and procedures for the other groups to follow (after it's been voted on).

I'm on the board twiceover and one of those appointments is to specifically deal with all of these things and none of these were mentioned to me.
DerbyHowser
DerbyHowser

Birthday : 1979-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:19 am

Ok, while I agree with you Howser and this seems to be a common theme, don't you feel like this could have been discussed in an email to HR? I feel like blowing it up on the forum is only stirring this proverbial pot of tension the league is experiencing right now.

I recently had a question about how a decision was reached, but instead of posting it to the forum I chose to contact HR about it privately. (Speaking of which, I have not received any communication back from HR, so I may be posting it here soon since that seems to be the way we are handling league issues)
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  mcmboard Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:38 am

This should have been clearer, but this is something to be voted on. It's also something that was discussed with Dinah before Howser took over.

No one's abusing power. We had an issue come up and we took action. And seem to be getting attacked for it. This isn't the final say.

The league wants us to be open, so here we are. This is something that we worked on. That's what we're presenting. No bylaws have been changed.

We weren't given an instruction manual on how to please everyone all at once. Be patient, please. And trust us. That's all we ask.
mcmboard
mcmboard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross Leuck Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Ass.Crack.Jack wrote:Ok, while I agree with you Howser and this seems to be a common theme, don't you feel like this could have been discussed in an email to HR? I feel like blowing it up on the forum is only stirring this proverbial pot of tension the league is experiencing right now.

I recently had a question about how a decision was reached, but instead of posting it to the forum I chose to contact HR about it privately. (Speaking of which, I have not received any communication back from HR, so I may be posting it here soon since that seems to be the way we are handling league issues)

Jackie brings forth a good point. If you have concerns please do not hesitate to contact HR. We are always open to hearing others input and it has proven to be beneficial in the past. I'm sorry we haven't written you back Jackie. I'll take the blame (if anyone is looking for someone to blame), I probably should have mentioned we have been talking about it.
Ross Leuck
Ross Leuck

Birthday : 1977-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks Ross, I appreciate it and I'm not placing blame at all.
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross Leuck Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Just a heads up, this has been transitioned to the P & P commitee to be worked on. I wanted to provide an update as this post got a lot of attention. Right now P & P is evaluating and revising what was listed previously and will be handled through that committee to fruition.
Ross Leuck
Ross Leuck

Birthday : 1977-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Mcmhrbusiness Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:40 am

The League is going to begin possibly taking transfers. First of all, I would like to point out that the League does currently have a transfer policy set out in the bylaws. See here: https://mcmissfits.forumotion.com/t558-mcm-bylaws-fall-2010 (written under Membership Requirements, Section J.). These policies were then amended by league vote in November, 2011, which amended the transfer policy to add an interview requirement with the Board and HR and requiring unanimous approval by the Board and HR for the transfer to take place. See here: https://mcmissfits.forumotion.com/t1510-november-9th-league-meeting-minutes (listed under things voted upon). Based on this, here is how transfers are going to work.

This policy will take place for any skaters who wish to transfer from another league to the McLean County Missfits. The Skater wishing to transfer needs to email HR at
mcmhrbusiness@gmail.com. The skater wishing to transfer in needs to have a letter from previous league stating the following:

*Skater was able to make financial obligations
*Skater has taken and passed all WFTDA skills test
*Skater has taken and passed WFTDA written test
*Skater was active in previous league
*Skater was actively rostered for one season
*How long skater was with previous league

The skater wishing to transfer will have an interview with current Board and HR members. A minimum of 5 members need to be present for interview. One member from the Board and one member from HR will conduct the actual interview. The rest of members can/will be present for interview. If all 9 members can not make it to the scheduled interview, those members can
either say it is ok to conduct the interview with out them or ask to try to re-schedule interview if they wish to be there. Once the interview is done the Board and HR will vote to let Skater in. Vote must be unanimous by the Board and HR.

Now P&P is likely also looking over the transfer policy, and a new one may be proposed and voted on in the future. However, this is the current policy, and how transfers must be brought into the league. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Mcmhrbusiness
Mcmhrbusiness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down