Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safety Concerns during Practice - child care

+5
nonny noisemaker
WreckaHolmes
Barty Mcfly
PsychoWard
Mcmhrbusiness
9 posters

Go down

Safety Concerns during Practice - child care Empty Safety Concerns during Practice - child care

Post  Mcmhrbusiness Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:46 pm

HR and the Board had a lengthy discussion last night in regards to the number of complaints about children present during practice time. The group overall feels as though it is a safety issue not only posed to the children but also to the skaters on the track. There have been times when children entered the track or caused an object to enter the skating space. Everyone agrees that it is in the leagues best interest to eliminate the risk of any child getting hurt. This has been touched on before but no solution has been found.

We're looking to the entire league for help! Is there some arrangement that has worked in the past in similar situations? Does someone have an older child who would be interested in earning a few bucks to keep the children occupied outside of the gym or at someone's home? (I believe the goal is to provide it in the practice space, though) Do the league members who need childcare want to share the responsibility and do some sort of rotation to watch the kids? These are just ideas to get the ball rolling. This is a serious safety concern and we need to brainstorm and put into place a plan ASAP.

Thanks,
Your Concerned HR Committee and Board
Mcmhrbusiness
Mcmhrbusiness

Back to top Go down

Safety Concerns during Practice - child care Empty Re: Safety Concerns during Practice - child care

Post  PsychoWard Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:36 pm

I'm totally down with giving up a couple of practices a month to watch some kiddos. I know John Henry has totally thown MeowMeow on the track a few times and a couple of Weds ago I saw him touch a skater as she passed him. I'm sorry.
PsychoWard
PsychoWard

Birthday : 1978-08-04

Back to top Go down

Safety Concerns during Practice - child care Empty Re: Safety Concerns during Practice - child care

Post  Barty Mcfly Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:45 pm

When we don't scrimmage I don't mind coming to practice and hanging out with some kiddo's. We need a sign up thing.
Barty Mcfly
Barty Mcfly

Birthday : 1982-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  WreckaHolmes Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Jus'd Tip wrote:When we don't scrimmage I don't mind coming to practice and hanging out with some kiddo's. We need a sign up thing.

Awwwwww.
WreckaHolmes
WreckaHolmes

Birthday : 1983-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Bart that is really nice of you!!
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Embry Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Kailey said she would like to make some extra $$$$
Mark Embry

Birthday : 1967-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Mcmhrbusiness Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:00 am

Ward, Bart, and Kailey (Mark),

Do the three of you want to come up with some rotation for July practices regarding who would be available, details, etc? We can try offering your availabilities and go from there.

Thanks!
Mcmhrbusiness
Mcmhrbusiness

Back to top Go down

Post  Claw Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:14 am

Sorry was late replying to this...my dau said she would watch children for some $$$, since she does not have a job and is still looking

Last edited by Claud Mitch on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Claw
Claw

Birthday : 1971-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Barty Mcfly Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Any non-scrimmage practice I'm more then willing so let's start a signup genius. I don't know how to but if someone does please do and we can go from there. No money needed for me but maybe when I do you guys could just put the money back into the league.
Barty Mcfly
Barty Mcfly

Birthday : 1982-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoWard Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Signup Genius Link! if you have any questions about it please let me know.

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080A4AADA92B0-july
PsychoWard
PsychoWard

Birthday : 1978-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinah D. Molisher Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks for putting that together Ward!!
Dinah D. Molisher
Dinah D. Molisher

Birthday : 1980-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  WreckaHolmes Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:50 pm

btw, if you're a skater and you sign up to help during practice, it counts towards attendance.
WreckaHolmes
WreckaHolmes

Birthday : 1983-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Adrienne Livingston, the head jeerleader, volunteered to arrange for structured childcare sessions during practices for a small fee but at the time was declined. She is a preschool teacher and a nanny. I'd contact her to see about this as a possibility. She is on the forum. Smile
p.s.
miss you guys

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:52 pm

She was never delined, we just prefer to have someone at practice.
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down