Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June 2012 Board Elections

4 posters

Go down

June 2012 Board Elections Empty June 2012 Board Elections

Post  Mcmhrbusiness Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Good afternoon!

Below are the June 2012 Board Election Speeches. Votes have been sent out to all voters as well. We used the information from the Contact Information List on the forum. If your information has changed, please let us know and we can get it changed on the vote.

Voting starts immediately and will end the evening of June 09, 2012 at midnight. If you see your information is correct on the Contact List and still did not see the vote in your email, please check your Junk Mail folder. Below are the speeches followed by declinations.

Vice President

Erin Camp (Camp Rockurass) - Running Unopposed
Hey party people! Camp here, I just want to say vote for me for VP 2012-2013.

I love this position and feel like I am doing a pretty good job. I would love to keep going to help build this league up up up!! We have come SO far in the past 2 years and I would love to stay where I am. I am always here to listen and take everyone's opinions, concerns and great ideas into consideration and I will continue to be there for all of you. I also promise to give every one of you a super fab high five Smile

XOXO,
Camp

Secretary

Sandra Goaley (Wrecka Holmes)
Oh hey, Missfits. I would just like to start out by saying that I love being on the board of directors. I really do. I love the challenges we face and the abilities we have to overcome anything that comes our way. My main focus is on the comfort and safety of each skater, as well as doing what’s best for the league. I’ve been on the board since the beginning. My time may be up, but I really don’t feel like it is. I feel like I’ve really caught my stride as the board secretary and have improved immensely as the league has grown and gone through rough patches and changes. I haven’t let any of those bring me down and have really grown as a leader through them. That includes being diplomatic and reasonable with all committees and other leagues. I get fired up sometimes, but I can’t back down when I’m passionate about something. Through some of our biggest changes lately, I had many opportunities to just throw my hands up and back away. But I couldn’t because I care about this league and where it’s going to go.
Do I have a master plan for the future? Not really. But I do have the adaptability and ambition to roll with whatever will be thrown our way. And I don’t even wear a helmet anymore.

Megan Carmack (Sandra Dee Sock-it)
I am truly honored to be nominated for the McLean County Missfits secretary position.

I know I would be a great fit for this position. My career is in Social Work and there are numerous qualities I have as a social worker that would make me a fantastic secretary. I am skillful listener, possess great attention to detail, attentive, I have a lot of experience ensuring documentation is accurate and extensive.

As a board member I would be fair, and am a very easy person to work with.

I would really love to be able to contribute more to this league and I think this position would give me a wonderful opportunity to be able to do just that Smile

Senior Advisor

Taneea Gustine (Banger and Smash)
I feel I would be a good choice for Sr Advisor for several reasons:
I have very good organizational skills. I am able to prioritize daily tasks so that they can
be completed in the most efficient manner possible.
I have experience in setting agendas for meetings and running meetings.
I have excellent oral and written communication skills. This will be beneficial as Sr Advisor is
often the point of contact with the Interstate Center and other contacts the league has.

I am flexible and can easily switch gears as the need arises.
I am able to work with people from diverse and varying backgrounds. This is essential as our league is comprised
of indivuduals from all walks of life.
Since my short stint as an NSO and into becoming a skater, my committment to this league continues
to grow. I believe that acting as Sr Advisor is a natural step for me and I would work very
hard to see that our league continues on a successful path.
I am very passionate about this league and believe that we are capable of big things.
I want to see us continue to take positive steps towards our very bright future!!
Derby love!

- Smash

Brittany May (Horror Crux)
Ok. So everyone knows that I do a lot as far as the business side goes. So I won't bore you with that. But I will tell you why I should be the next Senior Advisor.

I'm passionate about being a Missfit. In every aspect. I feel that Missfits have come along way from that first meeting at Denny's. I also think that it can only get better! I want to help the Missfits become a name the community recognizes. The whole community. I want them to know what roller derby is. I want to see fans be passionate about this sport like I am. I also want to help give back to the community. I want them to know that we're not just girls in tights and fishnets skating around hitting each other, but that we are an important group in the community by all the good and giving back we do.

I think I can help do that. I'm a creative and well organized person. I think I've shown how passionate I am by all that I've done in the past year.

So if you choose to vote for me I will do what I can to see these thing happen.

Declinations

Katy Ringler (T Rex) - Vice President
Rebecca Peacock (Ginger Spite) - Vice President
Ross Leuck - Secretary
Lisa Eisert (Ice Hurt) - Senior Advisor
Jackie Masters (Jackers) - Senior Advisor

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Last edited by Mcmhrbusiness on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mcmhrbusiness
Mcmhrbusiness

Back to top Go down

June 2012 Board Elections Empty Re: June 2012 Board Elections

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:17 pm

I thought the election results were being announced at the meeting on the 10th?
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Mcmhrbusiness Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:24 pm

You are correct. We changed the end date to 06/09/2012. Thank you for catching that Jackers!
Mcmhrbusiness
Mcmhrbusiness

Back to top Go down

Post  Mcmhrbusiness Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:39 am

For those who were unable to make the meeting, the winners were as follows:

Vice President - Erin Camp
Secretary - Wrecka Holmes
Senior Advisor - Horror Crux

Congratulations to all of our winners.

Last edited by Mcmhrbusiness on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my spelling aint good)
Mcmhrbusiness
Mcmhrbusiness

Back to top Go down

Post  IceHurt Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Are these positions up for election again for June 2013?
IceHurt
IceHurt

Birthday : 1985-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:03 pm

It is the position of secretary. Vp is September and senior advisor in November.
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum