Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wftda insurance

+8
Grand Laursony
Deadtyme Skarebear
Sunshine Bash Her
Double Painbow
Dinah D. Molisher
Laura
Camp
aMOXIEcilla
12 posters

Go down

wftda insurance Empty wftda insurance

Post  aMOXIEcilla Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:37 am

ok, here is what i'm researching...the wftda insurance program. jo told me wednesday that it was a necessity. so i wanted to get some knowledge (cause it's power:) before making the switch. so with wftda, the insurance is 65 dollars a year. no matter where we go, what we do, we are covered. no club charter (which is 80 dollars a space for practice) and no sanctions required for this. the trouble is, if the other leagues are usars, they are not. no matter where we bout, we are good. so, the charter for bouts would be 100 bucks (still saving us money) and we could include in our bout contracts to have the other league pay that fee (under bout compensation, saying they pay it or we pay less or something to that degree since we either trade or pay 250). so its more expensive for each skater (by 20 bucks a year) but it helps save the league a boat load of cash which will keep our dues from rising again. it takes all the hassles from prebout paperwork down to almost nothing which tayz can appreciate:) tcdg are the only league i know of so far that we play that has it. its offered to apprentice leagues and full leagues only.

we also need to do a mock sanctioned bout (2 of them actually before becoming full member league) which jo said we cannot do without wftda insurance. she also said that wftda is trying to get everyone to switch and urge leagues not to play others without this insurance which i'm feeling weird about. the woman who answered all my questions right away from wftda insurance sent me all necessary forms and answers within 12 hours (like 5 corrospondences) which was super cool that they were so available. so the question is, do we play another year with usars knowing that will hold us back and cost us money or do we make the switch since its kinda where we need to go? it is my 2012 goal to bring this league into the full membership hopefully by the end of the year. i love the idea of no matter where i skate, i am covered. how does everyone else feel? let's talk it out. i can also post on here all conversations between me, jo and the wftda insurance if you all want. this was a pretty good summary tho.

moxie
aMOXIEcilla
aMOXIEcilla

https://mcmissfits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

wftda insurance Empty Re: wftda insurance

Post  Camp Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:36 am

I think is sounds like a good idea to switch for 2012. No reason to use USARS if WFTDA is the way to go. I know Outfit uses WFTDA too...even though they didn't show for the mixer. That what Tayz had to submit. I am fine with the extra $20 its just a one time a year cost and I love the fact that we don't have to get sanctions...this really helps for team practices....and outdoor practices. Lets maybe take a vote after everyone views the info and thinks about it. Smile
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:53 am

Covered wherever we skate is a Very Good Thing, especially since we don't require our members to have their own insurance. If there's any benefit to holding WFTDA and USARS as a CYA move while we transition, I'd certainly do that - the more insurance, the better. When Aaron had to have hernia surgery his co-pays ran nearly $3000, and I think the WFTDA/USARS is supposed to pick up where your insurance leaves off - one of his colleagues says it's amazing how fast you can run through your yearly limit.

Coverage anywhere is worth $20 a month - definitely worth $20 a year!
Laura
Laura

Birthday : 1972-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Dinah D. Molisher Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:08 pm

I'm down for WFTDA!
Dinah D. Molisher
Dinah D. Molisher

Birthday : 1980-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Double Painbow Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:47 pm

i love this! we pay so much to usars right now just to get bouts sanctioned. if we didn't have to do that, we would save almost $500 per bout. yes yes yes yes!!!
Double Painbow

Birthday : 1987-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunshine Bash Her Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:02 pm

This seems like a very smart move especially after Painbow made it clear about how much we pay per bout. Lets do it!
Sunshine Bash Her
Sunshine Bash Her

Birthday : 1985-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadtyme Skarebear Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Definitely agree save money and move forward! Very Happy
Deadtyme Skarebear
Deadtyme Skarebear

Birthday : 1983-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Grand Laursony Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:01 pm

Sounds like a great plan!
Grand Laursony
Grand Laursony

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:44 pm

If we had a "love" button I would click yours, Painbow!
Laura
Laura

Birthday : 1972-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:39 pm

Sounds like a great idea!!!
Erin
Erin

Birthday : 1989-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Rita Rogue Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:39 pm

I say going with WFTDA makes sense. I'm willing to pay the $65 for all the headaches and money it's looking like it will spare the league. All around it sounds like a step in the right direction
Rita Rogue
Rita Rogue

Birthday : 1985-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Trig-A-Nosis Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:00 am

Just a curiosity- I remember reading somewhere that with usars refs were only covered at bouts, I could be wrong, I'm new to this. Is that the case with the WFTDA insurance or are the zebras covered to the same degree as the players?
Trig-A-Nosis
Trig-A-Nosis

Birthday : 1985-04-27

https://www.facebook.com/trigs

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:17 am

Just a question... If we switch insurance and they strongly urge us not to play other teams that don't have the same insurance will we be cancelling any of our bouts already scheduled? That would really suck, but I still think we should switch regardless. Also, this could possibly give us more opportunity to do intraleague bouts as well. Just wondering what would happen.
Erin
Erin

Birthday : 1989-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  aMOXIEcilla Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:56 am

i am not going to cancel any bouts already scheduled. some already have contracts and its just bad business anyway
aMOXIEcilla
aMOXIEcilla

https://mcmissfits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:03 pm

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!

POLL TO VOTE IS UP AND WILL COME DOWN WEDNESDAY! IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE THE EMAIL PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO REGISTER YOURSELF TO VOTE IN THIS POLL:

Voters can register at the url:
http://www.ballotbin.com/voterReg.php?b=28572

OR

by sending an email to: reg@ballotbin.com
with this number as the subject: 28572

ANY QUESTIONS OR FEEDBACK ON THIS NEW VOTING SERVICE I'M TRYING OUT PLEASE SEND TO MY EMAIL AT CALLIEKATZ@GMAIL.COM OR TEXT ME AT 309-287-2973...PLEASE IDENTIFY YOURSELF WHEN TEXTING ME. THANKS!

HUGS N PUSHES

<3 PUSHY cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Dill Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:58 pm

I agree with camp and painbow from everything that Ive read here. I like that the league will be saving money, and I like that we will have more flexibility with team practices. $20 bucks a year is not such a big deal.

i voted. Smile
Molly Dill
Molly Dill

Birthday : 1975-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down