Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLAR PLUNGE INFO

4 posters

Go down

POLAR PLUNGE INFO Empty POLAR PLUNGE INFO

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:32 pm

Ok, so I think we should just Missfit it up for our outfits! Missfits shirts, tights or fishnets, derby socks and tutu's or hotpants. It's a great way to get our name out there, so we might as well do it up right! Let's make sure we have some bout flyers and business cards with us, in case people want information!

(Camp do you want to be there for PR business? The Pantagraph and WEEK are often there, and I have had interviews about my costumes before, I just want to make sure I can direct them to the correct person if needed)

What to expect:
2011 Plunge Site: Miller Park Lake, Bloomington
Plunge Date: February 27, 2011
Plunge Time: Registration 10:30am, plunge at noon.
Post-Plunge Party: Immediately after the plunge on-site.
Lunch Cost: Plungers free, $5 for guests

You will need to bring all donations that day, any online donations will be counted, so get yourself a total before you leave that day.

Wear your costume, bring crocs if you have them, and bring a beach towel and dry clothes to change into. Just so you are aware, there is a large dressing room so teamwork is usually necessary to hold up towels while other people change, unless you are totally ok with other girls seeing your goodies! There is no shower, so if you may not want to go under the water without being able to wash your hair right away.

I know there is someone signed up on our team that I don't know, if it is someone's friend could you please pass this information on to her?

I can't wait, it is such a blast!
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

POLAR PLUNGE INFO Empty Re: POLAR PLUNGE INFO

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:36 pm

Also, make sure you are posting your fundraising page to facebook and pumping people up for donations, it is such a great cause and people are usually willing to donate because they would never do something like that! You have to have $75 to plunge, whether they are online donations, check or cash. Checks should be made out to SOILL (Special Olympics of Illinois).
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:53 am

I have donation forms, if you need one I can email it to you. It is good to get a list before you arrive, you will have to fill one out that day if you don't do it beforehand.
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Common Denominatrix Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:25 am

oh, that's my friend amy! she's coming from Nashville to plunge with us cause she love the missfits just THAT much!
Common Denominatrix
Common Denominatrix

Birthday : 1983-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:30 am

That is Awesome Karen! My friend is coming too, but she isn't driving very far...
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  T Wrecks Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:32 am

So, if all my donations are online, I just print out the form and bring it with?
T Wrecks
T Wrecks

Birthday : 1985-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:44 pm

Yeah that works T Wrecks!
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:44 pm

so since i did not prepare for this at all and dont have time now can i just bring money? or is that tacky?...that is if i can get the day off work..

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 am

However you get the $75 is up to you! Plus, we already know you are tacky so I don't know why you are even worried about it! (just kidding, love you!)
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Common Denominatrix Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:56 am

is anyone going to the pre-registration party at the pub II on Thursday?
Common Denominatrix
Common Denominatrix

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:02 am

I wanted to, but we have a board meeting at the exact same time Sad I will just have to register the day of the Plunge (which there is plenty of time for anyone that is choosing that option!)
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  T Wrecks Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:04 am

Common Denominatrix wrote:is anyone going to the pre-registration party at the pub II on Thursday?

I am! Prolly gonna get there right at six to get all registered and whatnot.
T Wrecks
T Wrecks

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Dill Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:03 pm

T Wrecks wrote:
Common Denominatrix wrote:is anyone going to the pre-registration party at the pub II on Thursday?

I am! Prolly gonna get there right at six to get all registered and whatnot.

Word to that! I have to pick my kiddy up right after work @ 5 and Im assuming since its at Pub II I should take her home and then swing that way. Id really LOVE to get that out of the way before sunday.

Um...btw....WTF happened to the 50 degree weather?????

And Im not a big fan of changing in front of people....my goodies are precious (im just sayin) so Id be ok with some towel teamwork.
Molly Dill
Molly Dill

Birthday : 1975-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:46 pm

omg Ass Crack you are soo mean!...and you called me a shithead hahaha! well the money i will raise will be my own if i can get off work...that is the real test.

Back to top Go down

Post  T Wrecks Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:12 am

Sweet! I'll see ya there, then!

And, yeah- I was hoping for that balmy weather we had a few weeks back. Guess it was too much to hope for. Sad

Towel work indeed! Not a fan of strangers seeing me naked, especially if I'm sober. Embarassed

What is everyone wearing to jump in the lake??
T Wrecks
T Wrecks

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Dill Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:43 pm

Ive done my share of swimming in lakes but....not quite like this. So....here how dorky I am. I was kinda thinking for trying on my tights and jumping in the shower to see if theyre gonna sag or hold their shape. I dont want any frozen faux pas. Just sayin.

Molly Dill
Molly Dill

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:58 am

i think ill just wear a swimsuit and write graffiti some missfits stuff....if im gonna do it im probably going to go all out. plus i dont want my derby clothes all yucky.

Back to top Go down

Post  T Wrecks Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:59 am

Yeah, def going with a swimsuit, derby socks, and a Missfits shirt of some kind. Represent, yo!
T Wrecks
T Wrecks

Back to top Go down

Post  Common Denominatrix Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:07 am

i will try to remember to bring a couple dark sheets that we all can hold up and use to change!

i will be there at the pub II as well! I dislike the pub II a lot so i will be in and out like the flash! (hopefully if there is not a long line!)

i was going to wear leggings, derby socks, booty shorts, and my missfits shirt. Or i thought about dressing as wonder woman again! i was thinking about wearing a swimsuit underneath all of that too! I am also stragetically doing laundry so i can throw all the stuff in the washer when i get home!
Common Denominatrix
Common Denominatrix

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Dill Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:07 pm

I didnt get to go to the pre-register so Ill be there prolly right at 10:30. Ill also have my mini me in tow until my mom gets out of church and takes over.

Did everyone get the email with the line up? They are bringing out groups of 15 at a time and we are in the first 15- which is awesome- no time for anxiety! I think we are like #9 or something. Im still not 100% what Im going to wear but def some sort of Missfit wear.
Molly Dill
Molly Dill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down