Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you want to be a Captain/Co-Captain?

+7
Bruiz E HomeMaker
DaizeAster
aMOXIEcilla
hellsmelle
Ass.Crack.Jack
Camp
PsychoWard
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you want to be a Captain/Co-Captain? Empty Do you want to be a Captain/Co-Captain?

Post  PsychoWard Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Starting today and ending Sunday January 30th all entries for Captain and Co-Captain positions are to be posted here. If you are interested in either position state your case with an entry that explains why you think you would be the best woman for the job and feel free to include any personal information about yourself you feel would help your cause. Captains and Co-Captains will run together so please remember to coordinate your statements to avoid confusion. The Captain position is considered the head of the team and the Co-Captain is considered to be an alternate position. Voting for Captain and Co-Captain positions will begin on Monday January 31st and will run until Sunday February 6th. Team rosters will be announced at prom on Friday February 11th. Team Captains will meet with the HR Department to determine each team roster. The league will be voting for three team Captains and three Co-Captains. All skaters eligible to vote are also considered eligible to be drafted and eligible to run for a position. If you have any questions please feel free to email them to the HR Department's email address mcmhrbusiness@gmail.com.
PsychoWard
PsychoWard

Birthday : 1978-08-04

Back to top Go down

Do you want to be a Captain/Co-Captain? Empty Re: Do you want to be a Captain/Co-Captain?

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Clarification here on what it means to be "eligible to vote" may be helpful to all.

Very excited for this business. We're rolling forward, for sure. Yay, MissFits!

Back to top Go down

Do you want to be a Captain/Co-Captain? Empty Re: Do you want to be a Captain/Co-Captain?

Post  Camp Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Ok, ok, I will be the first to put my name it Smile

I love this league so very much and will love my team even more. I feel confident in being able to make decisions for my team and also feel very comfortable putting in the extra time and effort.

I suppose I am running for Captain, but if I am pair up with another beautiful lady I will treat her as an equal. I love you all and hope you vote for me as president of the student council, eh I mean team captain Cool

P.S. I will rock all asses of the opposing team mooning
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoWard Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:26 pm

It's for the Freshmeat. If they have been to 12 practices and have passed their tests they get their derby names and are eligible to vote.
PsychoWard
PsychoWard

Birthday : 1978-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:28 pm

That's what I thought, Ward. Thanks for taking the time to set this up and for your clarification as I'm certain it has been a long and thoughtful process. I love you

Camp - very cute!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:35 pm

I would like to put my name in for Co-Captain!
I am in LOVE with the Missfits, and every person involved! I have a big mouth, and I am not afraid to use it (which is why I still have a squeaky voice from Saturday), plus I am organized and conscious of others feelings.
I am very involved in the league, taking on Freshmeat recruitment by myself and coordinating a tryout only 2 months after the vets were required to get gear (This went off with a lot of help from other vets of course!) I run Freshmeat practices, keep track of their attendance, report to HR and Wrecka Holmes for attendance issues, sign off on basic skills and try to be a liaison between vets and Freshmeat.
I have a good attendance record, I attend board/committee meetings twice a month and team meetings once a month. I regularly attend fundraisers and even try to make it to the fun activities that aren't required, even though I live 30 minutes away and work 3rd shift. I am also on training committee so that I can train those freshies!
I do have a lot on my plate, which is why I am not interested in the captain position. I do enjoy leadership positions and want to be a part of leading one of these new teams.
If I don't get co-captain, it will be totally fine because I love everyone and I am sure whoever does get voted in will be a fearless leader and do what is best for their team and the league as a whole!
Good luck to all! I love you
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:42 pm

Another note: Captains / Co-captains will be required to join the training committee and be able to run/plan/coordinate thier team's practice. The training committee has reserved all practices prior to the last day of the vote for anyone running or considering running to get the experience running a practice, if they'd like.

See this thread to sign up...and good luck everyone!!!

https://mcmissfits.forumotion.com/t523-sign-up-to-run-practice

cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  hellsmelle Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:37 pm

I'd like to throw my name in for either captain or co-captain as well. I have a love and passion for derby and this league, being involved since the inception. I'm tough, take no prisoners and ready to work as hard as possible to make my team the very best. I'll fight for you and beside you on the track. Having watched most of you since the very beginning, I know your strengths and weaknesses and believe I can help put together a solid, kick ass team filled with solid, kick ass roller girls. Smile

Plus, ya know, it never hurts to have Satan on your side. Wink

Last edited by hellsmelle on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
hellsmelle
hellsmelle

Birthday : 1981-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  aMOXIEcilla Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:51 pm

i would like to put in my name for co-captain running as camp rockurass's running mate. i think we make a great team. we are completely involved in every aspect of the league. camp has excellent knowledge of the vets abilities and the game as a whole. i have had the privilege to work extensively with the newest members of our league and know just how amazing they are. i believe every missfit is an asset and a huge part of who we are. seeing this thing called derby grow in each and every one of u from the beginning has filled me with great pride. in the beginning i was just excited to roller skate. but now this has become my life. i am stronger, smarter and sexier than i ever thought i would be. i want to share this love and happiness with everyone and bring out the tough bitch in all of you. i see potential in every missfit and hope to show you what i see. so...uh...vote for team ass-sox!

mox
socks
aMOXIEcilla
aMOXIEcilla

https://mcmissfits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:58 pm

Beautiful words, Miss Thundersexy! We MissFits sure ARE amazing, aren't we? Thanks for sharing your soft side, Mrs. Heath.

Back to top Go down

Post  DaizeAster Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:32 am

I would like to put my name in for co-captain. Let me tell you ladies a bit about why. It is possible that I am the most quiet person on the team when it comes to off the track. I think everyone knows at least that I can be a bit nervous, dorky, and reserved. I am a misfit by definition. I am individualist nonconforming black sheep. However not only am I a misfit but a Missfit. She is loud, out there, won’t back down, fighter, take your ass out, unique, roller bitch. And most of all she is not afraid. Not afraid of what people think, not afraid to hear the truth, not afraid to hear she’s wrong, not afraid to tell it like it is, and not afraid to be afraid. I am many things. Just like all of you. We all have different sides to ourselves.

Every girl is unique, and every girl is truly a Missfit in its most superb and diverse sense. I am proud to say I am a Missfit, a sister to all of you. We all have the potential to be captain or co-captain of this team. Don’t be afraid. Hell, be afraid. But you can do it. I can do it. We all can do it.

I am very passionate about this team and each and every person in it. After practice I am so high! Not off that marker ink Razz but off of the experience. I love being on that track. I love hitting all of you. But not in a mean way….I love skating, I love talking about roller derby, I love watching it, I love strategizing, I love thinking about it, I love playing it. When I get home I immediately go on some derby site, despite homework (I do get it done don’t worry) and despite my crappy computer. I want us to be the best we can. I know what it’s like to struggle, I know what it’s like to not feel good enough, I know what it’s like to feel small. But from that point that is nearly inevitable at some point in all of our lives, a beautiful thing happens, the potential to grow, the ability to become greater, to become great. I am not perfect and I cannot promise to be a perfect co-captain but I can promise I will give it my all. I promise to give my entire heart. It is the least I can do for such a great group.

I trust that ultimately the right decision will be made, whoever is chosen. Like I said, everyone has the potential. So, let’s do this Smile

daisy
DaizeAster
DaizeAster

Birthday : 1995-12-09

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/jeanna.campbell

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiz E HomeMaker Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:55 pm

I would like to announce that I am running for team captain with Ward of the Skate as my running mate. I LOVE this league and would LOVE an opportunity to lead a team. I have watched this league grow from an idea into a reality. When we didn't even know what skills to practice all the way to actually bouting against other teams. We will bring a PASSION for Derby and for our team as well as Drive and Determination. We always have your backs on and off the track. Vote for Bruiz E and Ward!!!! I love you
Bruiz E HomeMaker
Bruiz E HomeMaker

Birthday : 1978-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  JMFK Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Bruiz E HomeMaker wrote:I would like to announce that I am running for team captain with Ward of the Skate as my running mate. I LOVE this league and would LOVE an opportunity to lead a team. I have watched this league grow from an idea into a reality. When we didn't even know what skills to practice all the way to actually bouting against other teams. We will bring a PASSION for Derby and for our team as well as Drive and Determination. We always have your backs on and off the track. Vote for Bruiz E and Ward!!!! I love you
JMFK LOOOVES THIS!! Very Happy
Way to put another captain competitor out there!
xoxo
JMFK
JMFK

Birthday : 1981-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  JMFK Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:45 pm

hellsmelle wrote:I'd like to throw my name in for either captain or co-captain as well. I have a love and passion for derby and this league, being involved since the inception. I'm tough, take no prisoners and ready to work as hard as possible to make my team the very best. I'll fight for you and beside you on the track. Having watched most of you since the very beginning, I know your strengths and weaknesses and believe I can help put together a solid, kick ass team filled with solid, kick ass roller girls. Smile

Plus, ya know, it never hurts to have Satan on your side. Wink
Melle, pretty sure you should go for captain...you've got what it takes lady!
JMFK
JMFK

Birthday : 1981-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:37 am

Ok, I'm throwing my hat in for co-captain with Malice.

Between the two of us, I think our combination of skills and experience and styles would combine to make an amazing leadership team. I would really love nothing more than to work for all of you as a co-captain! I have no team sports background, I've never been part of anything like this or had the experience of working with a great coach or captain in my high school or college days -- honestly, I was the one in the library with her nose in a book, or sitting through day-long movie marathons. But the MissFits have brought the athlete out in me, and I _know_ that I can be a strong leader for a team. For me, this is all about love of the game, love of my MissFits, and wanting to be the very best team we can be. I believe in hearing everyone out, but I don't mind making difficult decisions to get us where we want to be as a team.

Love you all, no matter how this all sorts out. Smile -snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:50 am

*Stands up*

Shocked

My name is Tayz T. Cakes and I am a derby-holic. I have come to accept this fact and love it! I eat, breathe, and dream derby. It really has changed my life. I was never athletic when I was younger, never really interested in sports and at 16 was almost 300lbs. A band geek, a student council vice president, a member of the scholastic team, I was quiet and reserved. After college, marriage, and my third baby, I stepped on the scale at 226. I was stuck in a rut and I needed a change. That is when I met derby. I had laced up skates only once in my life but after one practice, I didn't seem to care. I was determined to do this. I couldn't stand on carpet in my living room in my first pair. I taught myself to skate, to hit, to be hit. I realized I wasn't ever going to be the next Suzy Hotrod but I learned that I am important. In the derby world there is a place for everyone regardless of track performance. I studied strategies and focused on ways that I could fit on the track. I then started seeing where other girls fit too. Shortly after joining the Divas, our league had a falling out. We lost all of our vets and our founders. I was crushed but not willing to give up on my family, on my team. The Divas that stayed were determined to keep us rolling. I was voted as Vice President and Interleague Coordinator and headed the event committee. I threw myself into something so much bigger than me and I found Tayz. She is everything that I am not and I love her for that. She is fierce, sexy and strong. Derby has made me a better woman, a better wife, a better mom, a loud mouth, a fighter. And I would like to show every woman that is brave enough to put on a pair of Riedells, that they can be too. I have learned that I don't need to be the fastest skater or land the hardest hits, but I will put in 150% in everything I do when it comes to derby and I expect nothing less from my team. I will be there to help you in anyway. I will be there to push you when you need it. I may yell. I may get angry. I will push you to your limits and then show you that your limits weren't what you thought they were. I will expect you to be a fighter. I don't care about numbers. I don't care about wins. I care that every woman out there fights her ass off for her sisters. I will love you, hug you, and motivate you.

I was so nervous to leave my team, my home and my sisters. I was afraid that it would never be the same. And then I was welcomed by the MissFits. A group of beautiful women. Women that understood the fight to keep their team going. Women that loved derby the way I do. I think I am finally home again. And I can't thank you ladies enough for that. I want to help build the MissFits into the unstoppable force that we all know we are.

I am Tayz and I would like to be your Captain.

*steps down*
I love you

Last edited by Tayz T. Cakes on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:54 am

Tayz, your words bring the happiest tears to my eyes. Though I don't know you well yet, I'm SO FN proud to get to call you my sister and a MissFit! I love you I love you I love you

cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiz E HomeMaker Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:58 am

Cherry Scarcia wrote:Tayz, your words bring the happiest tears to my eyes. Though I don't know you well yet, I'm SO FN proud to get to call you my sister and a MissFit! I love you I love you I love you

cherry

Word. Welcome home Tayz I love you
Bruiz E HomeMaker
Bruiz E HomeMaker

Birthday : 1978-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:06 am

Bruiz E HomeMaker wrote:

Word. Welcome home Tayz I love you

Wink
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:17 am

It's SO about time that Tayz had her own emoticon:
cake

Back to top Go down

Post  aMOXIEcilla Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:09 am

i love you tayz! ps folks have we determined that it's ok to vote for a captain and not their co-captain and vice versa for those running together?
aMOXIEcilla
aMOXIEcilla

https://mcmissfits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ima Schoolya Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:49 am

I am seriously sitting at my work computer, reading Tayz's post, tearing up and hoping that a fifth grader does not come back from the library right now. Girl, you ROCK!
Ima Schoolya
Ima Schoolya

Birthday : 1981-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 pm

SnarkerP wrote:Ok, I'm throwing my hat in for co-captain with Malice.

Between the two of us, I think our combination of skills and experience and styles would combine to make an amazing leadership team. I would really love nothing more than to work for all of you as a co-captain! I have no team sports background, I've never been part of anything like this or had the experience of working with a great coach or captain in my high school or college days -- honestly, I was the one in the library with her nose in a book, or sitting through day-long movie marathons. But the MissFits have brought the athlete out in me, and I _know_ that I can be a strong leader for a team. For me, this is all about love of the game, love of my MissFits, and wanting to be the very best team we can be. I believe in hearing everyone out, but I don't mind making difficult decisions to get us where we want to be as a team.

Love you all, no matter how this all sorts out. Smile -snarker

I am throwing in for co-captain with Snarker. I have training experience and strong knowledge of the game. I've also both coached and captained teams before. As much as I love derby, love of the game is not my primary reason to throw in. If I was really thinking about how much I love this game, I probably wouldn't throw in. Because, seriously, once it's time to make hard decisions that love is likely to be sorely tested. No rose colored glasses here, but I do think Snarker and I will make a great team. Our styles mesh well and we have a ton of respect for each other and the rest of the MissFits.
As a co-captain I would be focused on how to develop player skills, create and teach strategy, move players to the next level of play (and those levels are going to be different for different players) and to have one hell of a time. Every MissFit brings her own brand of whoop ass to the game and I think we have one hell of a group of players! I value clear communication and a democratic process. A big part of being a co-captain will be creating a cohesive unit with strong trust and a strong bond, and then challenging that unit to work harder, skate smarter, play better and think quicker. That can be a hard balance to strike, but I feel confident that Snarker and I have the skills to find that sweet spot and create a team that will be a FORCE to be reckoned with.
No matter how things turn out, I promise to give you babes my all - as a co-captain or a team member. DL, Mal

Back to top Go down

Post  hellsmelle Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:12 pm

I am so proud to be a part of this team, you guys. I'd be happy to lose to any of you lovely ladies. You all inspire me SO much!
hellsmelle
hellsmelle

Birthday : 1981-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm with ya melle!! So much love for everyone!! And I can't wait to be whipped into shape by a captain!!
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next