Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft Proposal - Bid Process

+3
IceHurt
Camp
DerbyHowser
7 posters

Go down

Draft Proposal - Bid Process Empty Draft Proposal - Bid Process

Post  DerbyHowser Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:05 pm

The P&P Team has created a number of proposals for the draft for the team to review and vote on. Only one may be selected and rejecting all proposals is an option. Please use this thread for discussion of this proposal. Thanks!

- P&P channeled via Howser

The bid process is designed to match up willing participants with groups they wish to join.
Teams will be allotted with a number of picks based on 16 minus current team size. The
teams create their numbered list of picks and this is the initial round order. Eligible skaters
create their personal team list with a clear priority order. They may list any number of teams
but any team not on the list may not draft that skater.

Each round, the teams declare their picks. If there is a conflict between teams then the
skater's personal team list is used to break the tie (the higher priority team takes the
contested skater) and the team that was denied the pick declares their next pick. When
each pick is declared, the skater's personal list is checked to make sure that team is on their
list. If they are, that skater is drafted to that team. If they are not, the team's next pick is
declared. The process is repeated until the team receives a skater or runs out of picks.
Once each team has received a skater the next round begins and the process is repeated
until each team has 14 skaters or has run out of picks.
DerbyHowser
DerbyHowser

Birthday : 1979-08-26

Back to top Go down

Draft Proposal - Bid Process Empty Re: Draft Proposal - Bid Process

Post  Camp Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:46 pm

what is a higher priority team? Would this be based on # of players or # of All-Stars??
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  IceHurt Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:53 pm

The higher priority is to each draftee's choice. They choose their priority. So for example if all teams have the same skater as their number 1draft, we look to personal choice list to see which team order you listed. Your number 1 team choice gets you.

I don't like this option because any one team could get their first x number of choices if that team is the top choice of the draftees. That could make teams very uneven.
IceHurt
IceHurt

Birthday : 1985-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Oh ok I think I miss read it. So the un drafted skaters give a team preference...hrm yeah this could make for very unbalanced teams
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  JMFK Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Ugh, I don't like any of this. I know this is my first season as a home team captain, but I feel like all of it is going to cause more stress than it's worth. Things get ugly during intraleague play. If we start with a drama-filled draft, it's all downhill Sad
JMFK
JMFK

Birthday : 1981-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:14 pm

Can we propose to drop home teams and just have ABC teams? I agree and I have been apart of every draft we have had. None of them are easy and no one ever agrees 100% no matter how the votes go one team at least will feel like they are getting screwed.
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  IceHurt Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:40 am

Creating a process that is fair for the draft will take out a lot of the stress and it won't be so cutthroat. I am impressed with the work P&P has done with the draft options. Any of these are better than the 'roll of dice' method. If we want to have more evenly skilled teams and a less stressful draft we need to have a plan and process set up going into it. Just saying you don't like any of these options isn't helping the current situation. We need to discuss the reasons why we don't like them. Why is it fair or unfair? Is there another way to do it that you would like better? We don't have to choose any of these. In my opinion, there are some viable options here that we can certainly work with!

IceHurt
IceHurt

Birthday : 1985-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:39 am

I agree if we are going to have home teams we need a solid plan. The dice roll worked great for the first draft and everyone was happy, but as teams changed things got harder. I personally am good with one of these options, it's just getting everyone on the same page that is always been hard.
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  DerbyHowser Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:28 am

Each draft process was designed with alleviating a particular complaint about the draft that we received. Unfortunately, not all complaints could be solved with one method.

This method solved the problem of skaters ending up on teams they didn't want to be on. So from a team perspective, it may feel unfair. From the undrafted skater perspective, this will feel more fair.

This would put some pressure on the teams to woo their prospective members. Sell themselves to be higher on the skaters' priority lists.
DerbyHowser
DerbyHowser

Back to top Go down

Post  JMFK Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:34 am

I'm not saying I don't like any of the options. I appreciate the work that P n P has done. I just dont like the whole home team drama. I'm fine with any option that ends up being put in place. I just wanna play roller derby with my MissFit sisters, and I'm sure my team feels the same, no matter how big or small we are.
JMFK
JMFK

Birthday : 1981-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  DerbyHowser Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 am

We discussed going back to the No Home teams proposal but it was dropped due to what P&P perceived to be lack of interest. If the league would like for that to be an option in this discussion, I can draft something up for P&P to approve and then present it to the league alongside these options.
DerbyHowser
DerbyHowser

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:07 am

DerbyHowser wrote:We discussed going back to the No Home teams proposal but it was dropped due to what P&P perceived to be lack of interest. If the league would like for that to be an option in this discussion, I can draft something up for P&P to approve and then present it to the league alongside these options.

I would be interested in seeing it. I feel like we go thru all this headache over home teams and it sometimes hurts the travel teams (I have seen first hand) and our fans don't see them enough to fully understand them. If we had the ability to have more home bouts I could see them making more sense, unfortunately that's not the case.
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweeet Thang Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Thank you p&p for putting all of this together.

-sincerely, HR. (I'm sure that all of the members of my committee would agree).
Sweeet Thang
Sweeet Thang

Birthday : 1982-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadtyme Skarebear Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:56 am

Sweeet Thang wrote:Thank you p&p for putting all of this together.

-sincerely, HR. (I'm sure that all of the members of my committee would agree).

Agreed! This is a hard process to tackle. Thanks for your hard work!
Deadtyme Skarebear
Deadtyme Skarebear

Birthday : 1983-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:21 pm

Yes! This is not easy work! Thank you! Also if we are proposing no home teams then it need to go to vote as it always has in the past. If we vote on that first then that could distinguish if we need the home team draft proposal or not.
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum