Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half time game

4 posters

Go down

Half time game Empty Half time game

Post  IceHurt Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi. I"m not on bout planning committee but here's something I wanted to share. So at the Vixens bouts this year they are doing something they call "ducky derby"
This thing is so freaking awesome I want to steal it.
So this is what they do:
They sell little toy ducks for $3 or 2/$5. They stand right at the door and sell them as you walk in and then the girls go around during the first half as well and sell. The ducks are numbered and they write your name down on the number.
At halftime everyone stands around the track and throw their ducks all at the same time at a HUGE Vixens logo target in the middle of the track. This thing is big. It Velcros together in the middle. The 3 people that get closest to the center win prizes. At the last bout they gave away an Ipod shuffle, and gift cards to local restaurants!

Can anyone think of a similar idea to help bring in more money? Something where we can get people to pay to play and give away prizes?? All of the prizes were donated from local business and the money goes to their charity/bout pot. They had to make a killing off of it. They sold a ton of ducks.
I think now that they have the supplies, they can do it at all their bouts. It was also easy to set up and tear down.
It keeps the crowd interested at halftime as well. People were up quick to get themselves a good throwing spot! Their next bout is on Oct. 26 against the punishers if anyone wants to go, they are doing it again there. You can see for yourselves. (also I'm playing Laughing )

IceHurt
IceHurt

Birthday : 1985-07-06

Back to top Go down

Half time game Empty Re: Half time game

Post  nonny noisemaker Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:17 am

This is a fun and great idea! Maybe we can do something like this for the November 3rd!
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  WreckaHolmes Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:39 am

The push do something similar with numbers on wheels.
WreckaHolmes
WreckaHolmes

Birthday : 1983-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:25 am

I liked the wheel toss at Peoria, reminds me of hockey games where people throw the pucks. It would require a lot of work by our Mafia/non skating players though.
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum