Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champ has a Corner??

Go down

Champ has a Corner?? Empty Champ has a Corner??

Post  Lightweight Champ Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Hey Gang!

First of all - Thank you! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to do something I really love and help coach you as a league. I am incredibly excited to do this!

For those who don't know me...
I skated with the Peoria Push for about 2 years, but broke and dislocated my ankle in January. The Missfits have always been my second derby home. You ladies and gents have always been very welcoming of me when I would come to practices early in your careers and let me push you around and get in some extra practice. I have been out on the track playing some when I can since coming back from injury, but I'm no where near as confident so I'm taking it a little at a time. In the meantime, I have been watching, taking notes, and mostly being a pain in the butt at practices.

So, what am I doing here and what can I do for you?
Well, my main goal is to coach the league. I am not focusing on any specific team (home or travel), but you as individuals. For the next few weeks, I will be watching everyone skate and trying to give feedback individually. Honestly, I haven't quite figured out how I am going to do this! There are a lot of you and at each practice there are a lot of drills! Heck, most of you are already doing awesome in most of these skills and don't really need me to tell you to change anything, but maybe to just keep practicing so it's natural. I will also be working with the Training Committee to focus practices on things the coaches see during bouts that need work. My goal is to build your confidence in your skating abilities and derby knowledge so you can be empowered on the track and all the derby you you can be!

With all of that being said... I would love for you to talk to me! If you have something you are working on and want some feedback, please let me know. I am here for feedback and direction. If you would like to know why you need to learn to turn the opposite direction against what you are comfortable or ways to improve your lateral cuts, I'd love to talk about it! Any questions, concerns, etc*... just post them here and we can discuss. Or, if you don't want to do it this way, just catch me at a practice or text me - I can talk derby any time!

Thanks again and skate-on!

* Disclaimer: If you have concerns with what I'm doing at practices or problems with me, please take them to the Training Committee Heads. I am first to admit I am not perfect and make mistakes, so if something ever comes up and you don't feel like you can talk to me about it, please take it to them and they'll make sure it gets communicated in the proper way. Thank you!
Lightweight Champ
Lightweight Champ

Birthday : 1982-11-08

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum