Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skate n Place

+7
aMOXIEcilla
Ass.Crack.Jack
Bruiz E HomeMaker
nonny noisemaker
PsychoWard
T Wrecks
Ima Schoolya
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Skate n Place Empty Skate n Place

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Hey guys,
FYI, I just drove by Skate n Place and saw that Gene has practices advertised with a $10 admission to 'watch'. I just wanted to make sure he had consulted with someone about this as I didn't remember hearing anyone talk about it at the meeting.

Back to top Go down

Skate n Place Empty Re: Skate n Place

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:10 pm

What.the.fuck? I'm guessing he didn't run this by anyone first?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:26 pm

Yeah, somehow I guessed as much...

Back to top Go down

Post  Ima Schoolya Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Now that is JUST crazy. $10 more in his pocket, and not ours I'm sure. What a d-bag.
Ima Schoolya
Ima Schoolya

Birthday : 1981-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  T Wrecks Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Whaaaaaaat? If anything, that ten bucks should be Missfit $.
T Wrecks
T Wrecks

Birthday : 1985-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  PsychoWard Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:16 pm

I called Ricole and left a message telling her what is going down. I know that she has a pretty good rapport with Gene. This is definitely beyond bananas but we really can't afford to not practice on Wednesday. Maybe we can try to get someone to stand outside during practice and ask people to not pay the ten dollars to watch a lame boring practice and maybe if we all bring our leftover tickets we can also have that person try to sell tickets to the bout on Saturday.
Also I know I suck at always being positive but I mean it is kinda cool that we are so big-time that Gene is finally realizing he can make money off of us. GO MISSFITS!!
PsychoWard
PsychoWard

Birthday : 1978-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Oh, Gene. Silly, silly, Gene. Don't make me put a skate up your hole.

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Wow! 10 bucks that seems pretty steep! But I know gene did talk to a few peeps on sat about this but didn't think it would be so soon and so much! And ward ur right it is pretty cool that someone is wanting to advertise us! We rock!
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:58 pm

nonny noisemaker wrote:Wow! 10 bucks that seems pretty steep! But I know gene did talk to a few peeps on sat about this but didn't think it would be so soon and so much! And ward ur right it is pretty cool that someone is wanting to advertise us! We rock!

We DO rock!...But we should get at least $5 off that shit...just sayin'

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiz E HomeMaker Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:02 pm

hey ladies, gene did talk to us about this, but we are supposed to work out the details and it was our understanding (i think) that they would come and watch a scrimmage, not every practice. we'll see. and we ARE supposed to get half.
Bruiz E HomeMaker
Bruiz E HomeMaker

Birthday : 1978-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Ima Schoolya Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:04 pm

sorry for my overreaction! just seemed like a sneaky thing he might do? also, is this a team decision that I missed? just curious about how this went down.
derby love!
Ima Schoolya
Ima Schoolya

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Bruiz E HomeMaker wrote:hey ladies, gene did talk to us about this, but we are supposed to work out the details and it was our understanding (i think) that they would come and watch a scrimmage, not every practice. we'll see. and we ARE supposed to get half.

Cool...I should have figured you'd be on it! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:27 pm

Also I know I suck at always being positive but I mean it is kinda cool that we are so big-time that Gene is finally realizing he can make money off of us. GO MISSFITS!!

You are stinkin' adorable...
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiz E HomeMaker Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Ima Schoolya wrote:sorry for my overreaction! just seemed like a sneaky thing he might do? also, is this a team decision that I missed? just curious about how this went down.
derby love!

no, we did not have a team discussion about this. we thought it sounded like a good idea and told him we'd get back to him. of course, he went ahead with it even though we hadn't worked anything out. i am hopeful that he will be made to understand that we would have some concerns about how things are done and when people are allowed to come. with gene, it's all about the dollas!
Bruiz E HomeMaker
Bruiz E HomeMaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Ima Schoolya Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:50 pm

Bruiz E HomeMaker wrote:
Ima Schoolya wrote:sorry for my overreaction! just seemed like a sneaky thing he might do? also, is this a team decision that I missed? just curious about how this went down.
derby love!

no, we did not have a team discussion about this. we thought it sounded like a good idea and told him we'd get back to him. of course, he went ahead with it even though we hadn't worked anything out. i am hopeful that he will be made to understand that we would have some concerns about how things are done and when people are allowed to come. with gene, it's all about the dollas!

Cool dude. Just thought I was going crazy, PLUS my green lights aren't lighting up on the forum so... thought I missed something! teacher
Ima Schoolya
Ima Schoolya

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:01 pm

Candie Necklash wrote:Oh, Gene. Silly, silly, Gene. Don't make me put a skate up your hole.

LMAO! You get 'em girl!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:59 pm

Nikki Segobiano wrote:
Candie Necklash wrote:Oh, Gene. Silly, silly, Gene. Don't make me put a skate up your hole.

LMAO! You get 'em girl!

Even though we know what's up now, I'd still charge people to watch this happen. I'll throw Gene 10% for his trouble. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:00 pm

Louden Surly wrote:
Nikki Segobiano wrote:

LMAO! You get 'em girl!

Even though we know what's up now, I'd still charge people to watch this happen. I'll throw Gene 10% for his trouble. Laughing

You guys are cracking me up!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Go MissFits - lets make some dough for showing off our mad skills!

I partially take back the wheel to the hole comment. But, no worries - if any punk EVER crosses the integrity of our league, he/she can pick the color wheel for some wheel-to-tail action.

Thanks for clearing that up, Bruiz E. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  aMOXIEcilla Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:39 pm

okie-so it was absolutely not decided on when but it is great exposure. i think a date or two a month on a saturday is a great way to get our name out there. there isn't much we can do about tomorrow but i have lined up some dates for the future and made a calendar for old man to look at.

Sat Feb 5th
Sat Feb 26th
Sat March 19th

and i want to explain to him that spectators shall not arrive until 6:30 as we will be getting dressed. ricole also raised a point about our stuff being out there with the public. so mooby moved as fast as he could to get those dollars but we will make this work for both sides. and hey-if we get 5 bucks a head that is money in the bank for a new home without an old creep. just sayin
aMOXIEcilla
aMOXIEcilla

https://mcmissfits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DaizeAster Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:10 am

The fact that he is rushing like that, tells me theres something wrong. He's not afraid to take advantage of us. I feel like being skeptic is very important and if there is no written agreement about all this yet, we should all be skeptics. No way are people coming to our practice Wednesday in my opinon if there is nothing written. I do not trust that man. And like I said, he's not afraid. Extra cash and exposure ar good but, this should be on our terms, the teams terms. Im concerned Embarassed
DaizeAster
DaizeAster

Birthday : 1995-12-09

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/jeanna.campbell

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiz E HomeMaker Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:29 am

DaizeAster wrote:The fact that he is rushing like that, tells me theres something wrong. He's not afraid to take advantage of us. I feel like being skeptic is very important and if there is no written agreement about all this yet, we should all be skeptics. No way are people coming to our practice Wednesday in my opinon if there is nothing written. I do not trust that man. And like I said, he's not afraid. Extra cash and exposure ar good but, this should be on our terms, the teams terms. Im concerned Embarassed

Daize, i agree.
Bruiz E HomeMaker
Bruiz E HomeMaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:08 am

Well said, Daize.
I'm concerned that people will end up in the doorway or worse yet, in the corner of the rink. I think that has to be a definite no. But I can't tell you how creeped out I am by his going off on his own to sell tickets to watch us.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:25 am

[quote="Bruiz E HomeMaker" [/quote]

Daize, i agree.[/quote]

Agreed, to a certain extent. He could just very well be excited, the man's passion is skating afterall. However, we are all aware he is not in good financial status, so before any money is taken, something in writing should to be drawn up and agreed upon by both parties. Otherwise there is a good possibility he will pocket monies and we will see nothing.

Is there a possibility of writing up a contract for this (instead of $10 make it $5 or something someone will actually pay) and possibly get him to lower the head cost for us girls if we consider him a sponsor then? This could could be good for us and him/community.

I know he is difficult, so I'm just putting it out there...written contract or we take a huge risk of being taken...

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:43 am

I also agree that it could be good exposure but there needs to be terms about or personal items, where they can and can't stand and what we will get from it. Also, will they be charging anyone that comes through the door? How will he know if it is media, or a potential coach that we invited? Will he try to charge freshmeat that aren't skating?
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next