Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do we keep home teams?

+16
nonny noisemaker
MollzDeep
Katrina Hoare
Becky Hicks Hutchison
Laura
Jerzii BurnPike
MisterBates
Ginger Spite
Sunshine Bash Her
Ass.Crack.Jack
JMFK
Snotface
Ima Schoolya
Camp
IceHurt
mcmboard
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do we keep home teams?

Do we keep home teams? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap42%Do we keep home teams? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 42% 
[ 13 ]
Do we keep home teams? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap58%Do we keep home teams? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 58% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 31

Poll closed

Do we keep home teams? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do we keep home teams?

Post  Claw Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:23 pm

BUMP!

Tomorrow is the last day to vote.
Claw
Claw

Birthday : 1971-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Hey all! The board has decided to vote for this more privately through are normal email vote. Please check your email for this in the next day! Don't forget every vote counts!
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  JMFK Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:58 am

Hi! I didn't receive an email to vote.
jlkell3@ilstu.edu
Thanks!
JMFK
JMFK

Birthday : 1981-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:31 am

Me either
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerzii BurnPike Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:43 am

Ditto what they said....try this email maybe
Hike.michelle1970@gmail.com
Jerzii BurnPike
Jerzii BurnPike

Birthday : 1970-09-22

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jerzii-BurnPike-exit-5-Mclean-Coun

Back to top Go down

Post  Ima Schoolya Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:46 am

i dont think its been sent yet.
Ima Schoolya
Ima Schoolya

Birthday : 1981-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:12 pm

Haven't been sent out yet! Watch out for it within the day!
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Back to top Go down

Post  JMFK Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:27 pm

Okay, I was worried cos I thought today was the last/only day to vote...thanks ladies!
JMFK
JMFK

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:18 pm

JMFK wrote:Okay, I was worried cos I thought today was the last/only day to vote...thanks ladies!

Same thought bubble here!
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Claw Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:25 pm

nonny noisemaker wrote:Hey all! The board has decided to vote for this more privately through are normal email vote. Please check your email for this in the next day! Don't forget every vote counts!

Poll has been sent. Please check your spam or junk mail if you do not see poll in your inbox. If you did not receive this email, please let me know by emailing me at thms_cldtt@yahoo.com.

Your last day to vote will be Sunday April 21.
Results will be posted on Monday April 22.

Thank you
Claw
Claw

Back to top Go down

Post  Snotface Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 pm

So, if we do decide to do away with home teams and that in turn leaves us with only 2 home bouts as of yet, is that really it? Only 2 home bouts this season? Is there a way to sweet talk the near by leagues (Peoria, Decatur, Twin Cities, etc.) to come out? I feel like the B's bout in Peoria was planned, but in a last minute kind of way, so it possible, yea?

I'll be pretty bummed to see our season die out so quickly if this is the case. I understand the headache with the home teams as has been described and agree to most of it being more beneficial to drop them, but I still want to bout! How do we fix this issue?

Also, what will this few number of bouts do for our WFTDA ranking and scoring?
Snotface
Snotface

Birthday : 1985-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:40 pm

We plan to have more. We have booked August and October at the interstate center. The others will come pending game time. Smile
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:43 pm

Snotface wrote:So, if we do decide to do away with home teams and that in turn leaves us with only 2 home bouts as of yet, is that really it? Only 2 home bouts this season? Is there a way to sweet talk the near by leagues (Peoria, Decatur, Twin Cities, etc.) to come out? I feel like the B's bout in Peoria was planned, but in a last minute kind of way, so it possible, yea?

I'll be pretty bummed to see our season die out so quickly if this is the case. I understand the headache with the home teams as has been described and agree to most of it being more beneficial to drop them, but I still want to bout! How do we fix this issue?

Also, what will this few number of bouts do for our WFTDA ranking and scoring?

Let me clarify for you. There are 3 home bouts set for this season thus far. April 28th (As and Bs vs IN), Aug 24th and Oct 5th. Also a hangover (non-public) bout Aug 25th (As and Bs vs KY).

If we drop home teams this is still going to be. The difference being instead of home teams playing 8/24 and 10/5 we will play the Allstars and Wanna Bs (double headers)...this means you will still play. We (interleague committee) will find teams to come here and play each team for those dates. The Allstars will (hopefully) play sanctioned teams so they will count toward our ranking. As for ranking and scoring, we NEED 3 sanction bouts this season. We have that booked, but the more sanctioned games we play the better. We move up/down in ranking based on the # of bouts and the ranking of the teams we play....so the more we play the better. As of right now we are not ranked, but have been working very hard to secure bouts to do so. Smile

If we do not drop home teams the 8/24 and 10/5 bouts will still be played, but by the 3 home teams. As you can see this will be hard to do seeing as there are 3 teams and 2 dates (4 bouts).

If Game time loves us (fingers crossed) we will be able to book more home bouts this season, but as of now we have to work with what we have.

Last edited by Camp on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:46 pm

And if game time doesn't work out then there possibly will be more availability at the interstate center in fall/winter.
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Back to top Go down

Post  DV Aunt Rose Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:59 pm

And also I think we would talk as a league about whether it would truly be B bouts as the 2nd bouts or if we could incorporate mixers so that EVERYONE can have chances to play at home. correct?
DV Aunt Rose
DV Aunt Rose

Birthday : 1983-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger Spite Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:35 pm

So league members from the Bellingham Roller Betties did get back to me. Their thoughts are below. One coach and two skaters who skate for their travel team (one of them also skates for one of the home teams) followed up with me.

The Roller Betties are a Division 2 League in Bellingham, Washington. They've existed for six years, and they have three home teams and one travel team.

I hope this is helpful! I did find what they had to say very interesting.

Person 1:
Our league has been kicking around the idea of an A/B structure for awhile, but no one has pulled the trigger yet. The proposal is always shot down before it's actually brought to the league.

Person 2:
I think if you want to be a successful league in a small area the only way you will obtain this is with an A/B structure. I think home teams only work in large metropolitan areas. It seems that more and more small leagues are switching to A-B. This is however just my opinion.

Person 3:
Well, the big negative to getting rid of home teams is revenue creation. At least, that's what I've come to understand.

You can't have your top tier play a home bout against second tier team. A lot of money comes in from local fans of home teams, but I'm certain that is different league to league.
Personally, having no home teams means you can really focus on the athleticism, which is a double edge sword. You get better skaters, but fewer skaters. And since fandom starts with friends and family of skaters, money from bouts and merch goes down... maybe.
Ginger Spite
Ginger Spite

Birthday : 1983-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Claw Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:07 am

Results from the official poll... 31 votes were submitted

Yes 51.6% - 16
No 48.4% - 15
Claw
Claw

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:11 am

I can't remember how it was worded, so yes we are keeping home teams or no to keeping home teams? Smile
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Yes keep home teams was the voted winner
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Moxiezer0 Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:37 pm

It's unfortunate that the league is basically divided in half here. If we cannot support 3 teams, will we ever entertain just having 2? Maybe playing the bench a bit deeper if necessary?
Moxiezer0
Moxiezer0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweeet Thang Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:44 pm

The league is split. I'm pretty sure that a majority of us continuously change our minds about this. I know that I have. I voted differently each time and I'm still not sure what is best for our league. What if we kept the home teams but just scrimmaged each other at the y during regular practice times. We could each play each other once and have a championship. This would cost us a few missed practices but still keep the home teams camaraderie alive. Plus, it is still practice. It would provide the newest round of freshies a home and a place to feel welcomed. We will be having a new round of freshmeat entering the missfit world soon. I would personally feel better if they felt they had a place to belong. What do you think?
Sweeet Thang
Sweeet Thang

Birthday : 1982-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweeet Thang Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:10 pm

I also feel like switching up how we scrimmage (sometimes) is beneficial for the league. Let's face it a vs. b isn't fair and neither team learns a lot from those scrimmages. Having home teams lets the b's learn from the pro vets even if it is just strategy over a silly fb page. You A team gals have a lot to teach us!!! I'm all about becoming a strong wftda league but I'm going to have to admit some of the most intensely competitive games have been Missfits vs. Missfits. The drive to learn is usually sparked by a desire to win. I'm ready to kick some ass.
Sweeet Thang
Sweeet Thang

Birthday : 1982-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post  JMFK Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Sweets, those are some good points! Members of the board, HR, P & P, TC, & interleague had a big meeting tonight and I think Wrecka will soon be posting a proposal for what we all came up with regarding how home teams will work now that the league voted to keep them, including the draft (which will still need to be voted on), practice and bout times.
Very Happy
JMFK
JMFK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2