Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry but I am done.

3 posters

Go down

Sorry but I am done. Empty Sorry but I am done.

Post  Mark Embry Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Sorry but being told I am not able to get ice to an injured skater right away is something I can not and will not do no matter where I am. I have been a certified First Aid/CPR for over 20 years. My certification needs renewed and would have been if the class that was set up for us was not canceled. Saying I can not go to someone in need is like asking me not to breath. Some of you have been injured and icing is most effective in the immediate period following an injury and getting it to one of you at the time is the only thing on my mind. I do know getting it to some of you has made a big difference in helping the injury. Yes at bouts we have paid EMT on hand and MANY times at bouts I have witnessed myself some are not even paying attention to the bout on a phone or whatever and getting ice on the injury right away is very important. At a bout not long ago a very severe injury happened and I know getting that ice on it right away was very important and if it happened again I would not even think twice about it and would do the same thing. That being said and I guess for the protection of the league I will no longer part of the MissFits.

Last, one thing that had me thinking before this little meeting last night I had heard that the founding member of this league was not allowed to come back to the team. Now I do not know everything in this vote but my understanding and my disagreement to this is everyone in the vote has to ok this 100%. I argued when we were re-writing the rules I feel it should be majority, one person with an issue with someone is all it takes, that is 100% wrong. NONE of you would be where you are at without this person who started this team, there would be NO McLean Co MissFits, something to think about.
Mark Embry

Birthday : 1967-06-03

Back to top Go down

Sorry but I am done. Empty Re: Sorry but I am done.

Post  Ross Leuck Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:04 pm

Mark please don't leave.

The transfer policy also has not been made in p&p yet, so we still can make it majority.
Ross Leuck
Ross Leuck

Birthday : 1977-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Joan Wayne Gacy Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:50 pm

How many times does the league have to plead "please don't leave" ???!?
If we all threatened to (and posted that we were) leaving the league each time we disagreed with something or got offended, we wouldn't have a league.
Joan Wayne Gacy
Joan Wayne Gacy

Birthday : 1978-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Embry Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Joan Wayne Gacy wrote:How many times does the league have to plead "please don't leave" ???!?
If we all threatened to (and posted that we were) leaving the league each time we disagreed with something or got offended, we wouldn't have a league.

Are you still even involved in the league?
Mark Embry

Birthday : 1967-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Joan Wayne Gacy Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Yes Very Happy I recently resigned as a skater, but I'm NSOing and living between Bloomington and Springfield until my job situation is final...which may put me back in Bloomington. Also, I just coordinated performers, performed myself, and emceed the MissFits drag show fundraiser, which raised over $1,100 for the league. I will stay involved in terms of any possible thing I can do - for as long as I can.

clown
Joan Wayne Gacy
Joan Wayne Gacy

Birthday : 1978-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum