Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MISSFIT MAFIA NEEDS LOVE TOO<3

+4
Camp
Jerzii BurnPike
Dinah D. Molisher
IceHurt
8 posters

Go down

MISSFIT MAFIA NEEDS LOVE TOO<3 Empty MISSFIT MAFIA NEEDS LOVE TOO<3

Post  IceHurt Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Hey everyone I am just gonna copy/paste this from the Missfits Mafia facebook group:

"Michelle Rogers: I think the Mafia has lost their "steam" Probably has allot to do with the fact that we aren't really included. I guess someone told the girls at the last bout that we aren't really Missfits Sad
October 7 at 12:30pm · Like · 1
Michelle Rogers: It's hard because we don't have the time to dedicate like you guys do. We get left out allot."

This really makes me sad and my blood is boiling. The Mafia is trying to help out the league with support for us. they promote the shit out of us and they don't even skate. The bake sale has been successful. They have also helped with fundraising like the grocery bagging.
No one that puts any ounce of help, support, or positivity towards our league should be outcast or made made to feel like they are not wanted.

Maybe Saturday you could go and say hi and thanks to someone that is giving their time to help the McLean County Missfits League.

If we don't let these people know we appreciate them they WILL leave.
I don't think we want that to happen.
IceHurt
IceHurt

Birthday : 1985-07-06

Back to top Go down

MISSFIT MAFIA NEEDS LOVE TOO<3 Empty Re: MISSFIT MAFIA NEEDS LOVE TOO<3

Post  Dinah D. Molisher Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Thanks for putting that out there, Ice. It infuriates me, too. I have spent countless hours with these girls and they really do love this league and being a part of it. It's really too bad that they don't get the respect or the props they deserve. I think we all remember when we were new to this league and how it felt to not be included. Imagine a whole season of that---it's no fun.

I'm really excited to work with these girls and see what we can bring to the MissFits' fans next season and look forward to them all feeling like our family, which they certainly have earned and deserve.
Dinah D. Molisher
Dinah D. Molisher

Birthday : 1980-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerzii BurnPike Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Can we have the mafia step into the center of the track during a half time or after the national anthem and have the league do a great big shout out of love and thanks??????. Hip hip hooray sorta thing?
Jerzii BurnPike
Jerzii BurnPike

Birthday : 1970-09-22

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jerzii-BurnPike-exit-5-Mclean-Coun

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:38 pm

I have to say personally I have always thanked the ladies and I am sorry they feel like this but I don't think that what one person said should be put on everyone. They have been told by the board to sign up for the forum and I think only 2-3 have done this. This is our main source of communication and it will keep them informed on events and meetings. There has been talk several times too of having a mixer with them and it has never happen, perhaps they can be put into the sissfit program?!?

I don't think that anyone wants to make them feel left out or not apart of the group, I personally am guilty of not talking to new people. It's not you it's me, most of you know that after getting to know me. Maybe there just needs to be some kinda of ice breaker.
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  IceHurt Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:49 pm

I understand camp, because I can be that way also to people I don't know. But I do not believe this was a single event that happened that has made them feel this way I think there has been multiple things so perhaps we all do share a bit of blame. I just want to stand against bullying even if some of us maybe a bit shy about talking to gals we might not know very well. I just want them to have a little respect because their feelings are hurt.
IceHurt
IceHurt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross Leuck Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:38 am

This was brought to my attention the other day, not through HR, by through another Missfit in a passing conversation. I have to say I was less than thrilled to hear this. I think unless someone has a lot of time to dedicate, the forum is overwhelming and confusing. That makes it twice as hard to volunteers who aren't already knee deep in derby talk.
Ross Leuck
Ross Leuck

Birthday : 1977-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:23 am

I know that the mafia heads went through some changes. Is there a MissFit that is co-heading the mafia? And if so who is that? Maybe they can help be a link and move forward with this issue.
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Horror Crux Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:20 am

Dinah, Common and I were in Charge before we had Adrian take over. And I know that I tried several times to organize a get together for them and didn't get a response from them. We also posted events in the fb group that we have trying to get them to come to things. The commission with them is hard cause we do it almost all of it online and most of the girls didn't have access to the web. I know I haven't really been in the mafia lately cause of my board duties but I was trusting the new head. I'm sorry they feel like they aren't included but I don't think that's the case. it's gotta work from both sides too.
Horror Crux
Horror Crux

Birthday : 1983-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunshine Bash Her Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:52 pm

I know I've heard that the mafia is dwindling and I am trying to recruit a friend to be in it because she doesn't want to skate but is totally a derby girl! I think we could all just make it a point even if we have before to say thank you and talk to the mafia more. It is easy to feel left out in a big group of people and that is nobody's fault....it takes two to tango, right? But we can all do what we can to make people feel welcome and appreciated. Mwah!

sunny
Sunshine Bash Her
Sunshine Bash Her

Birthday : 1985-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  IceHurt Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:30 pm

I realize we've made attempts to get them to do stuff. My point is lets not be downright rude to them at home bouts or when they actually are around doing things. They aren't nearly as dedicated as any of us and that is okay. I wasn't saying like go out of the way to make them be more involves because I don't think that is going to happen. I would like to continue to extend invites to them and help keep them involved. But I think most of them will only be at home bouts. Its just, someone saying they can't be part of our family and talking mean about them behind their backs when they are trying to help us is just not okay to me.

All we are saying is give peas a chance... flower
IceHurt
IceHurt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down