Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June Committee Heads elections

+5
Lynncredible She-Hulk
Ass.Crack.Jack
Camp
Jerzii BurnPike
mcmboard
9 posters

Go down

June Committee Heads elections  Empty June Committee Heads elections

Post  mcmboard Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:33 pm

It is time to run for our committee head positions.  We will start taking nominations today at mcmboard309@gmail.com (when sending the nomination please include the league members name and what committee they are running for) 
We will continue to take nominations until June 17th.  

Committees up for elections:
PR/Fundraiser
Training 
FreshMeat
Sponsorship
NSOs
Interleague

Each committee will have 2 heads to run it and you will hold your position for 1 year.  
mcmboard
mcmboard

Back to top Go down

June Committee Heads elections  Empty Re: June Committee Heads elections

Post  mcmboard Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:47 pm

BUMP!! Please get these nominations in by Sunday. If you would like to run or see someone else run please email the name and committee to the board.
mcmboard
mcmboard

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerzii BurnPike Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Is there a thread w job explanations for committee head positions?
Jerzii BurnPike
Jerzii BurnPike

Birthday : 1970-09-22

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jerzii-BurnPike-exit-5-Mclean-Coun

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Jerzii BurnPike wrote:Is there a thread w job explanations for committee head positions?

Jackers, do you know if this happen??

Also this is the last call!
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:41 am

Srawry they never got posted...

FreshMeat Committee Head Duties

Tryouts
Sign-up genius for workers and for skaters trying out
Rent skates
Print paperwork needed,
MCM Info packet, waivers Interviews and skills assessments
Committee meeting to choose girls and assign sissfits
Send out rejection letters
Mixer
Email acceptance letters and send out bylaws
Print paperwork, contact info, Emergency contact forms, bylaws, gear profile
Order WTFDA rules books and hand them out
Make goodie bags
Sign-up to NSO at scrimmage
Introduce sissfits S
issfit program-suggestion to have captains or training committee members
Help order gear
Host a gear party, can do it small groups
Meet to discuss rule book, small groups ok
Teach them everything derby
Training Schedule practice times
Design a training program with basic skills and all level one skills testing
FM scrimmages
Integrate them into Vet scrimmages
Extras
Monitor Email
Track attendance and dues
Monthly reports to the board
Mediate FM concerns on the league
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:43 am

Sponsorship Head:

· Put together all sponsorship packages
· Put together sponsorship contracts
· Be available to meet face to face with sponsors during business hours
· Keep in touch and a good relationship with all sponsors
· Respond to sponsors emails/messages and requests quickly
· Be at available to set up sponsor seating/tables and any last minutes at home bouts
· Organize sponsor a player list with the announcers and go over it with them

***Nonny will help transition you into this position***
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:48 am

PR Committee Head
Works with committee to choose design of bout posters.
Communicates with photographer (Annie) in regard to any photographs chosen for marketing/advertising, as Annie must first edit.
Works with graphic designer (Meltdown Graphix) for design of bout posters/flyers, as well as with graphic designer (Shannon Flies, Flies Design) for compilation of bout programs.
Interacts with printers (PIP Printing, Jerry and Bruce), arranging for all posters or flyers to be hung or distributed once they are available.
Ensures that bouts and other events are posted to community calendars, as well as that press releases are sent to major media stations and newspapers.
Acts as a point of contact with other merchants and individuals in the community to develop public relations opportunities.
Posts all MissFit events (i.e. PR, Fundraising, Bouts), working closely with Merch, Sponsorship, and Fundraising Committees, as events on Facebook.
Keeps the Facebook page up to date with information, such as scores and upcoming events.
Ensures that all necessary needs are present for any event (i.e. merchandise, flyers, schedules, tattoos, banner).
Oversees BruiseLetter committee, providing guidance and writing articles as needed.
Provides cheatsheet of information (i.e. upcoming events, sponsors, bout activities) to announcers for bouts.
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:50 am

Jobs in training committee:

Running practices-We write out the practice plan rotation according to Missfit training needs. We search for, write, and run drills according to practice plan and skaters needs. The drills must challenge skaters while bringing valuable learning experience for each skater. We also make sure every practice has a leader by creating the sign up genius, maintaining it and monitoring it. We also set up the practice scrimmages against other teams. Cross training(offskates) and injury prevention is an important part of practice time that we try to research and incorporate into practices as well.

Skater evaluations-We organize and run minimum skills testing each year for the bouting skaters and will use this information in practice planning and skater feedback. We will also be working with the fresh meat committee for try outs and training fresh meat and getting them passed on min skills before they join full league/scrimmage practices. We'll be assessing level of skill for transfer skaters(bouting or fresh meat) Watching bouts and scrimmages to provide feedback to skaters and help with future practice plans. We are also working on a new tryout method for drafting the travel teams so we may have something to do with that if/when it comes around.

Other coaching/training tasks: Ref rules on the forum. Addressing specific training needs of any skater. Working with referees on adhearing to wftda rule and expectations. Constantly researching and studying both our own leagues and others' strategy and technique so as to improve together as athletes. Learning and teaching new roller derby strategy and skating technique. Constantly challenging the skaters and learning with them to help everyone improve in the sport of roller derby. Working with the board and HR when moving forward in implementing any new training protocols within the league. Inviting other leagues to visit us for practice scrimmages.

As training committee head I do many of these tasks but many are shared duties of the entire committee but I do over see and monitor that it is all getting done and taken care of. You have to know all of the things so that if someone isn't/can't do it then you can-and will have too. If any problems or concerns arise from the league or HR I will ultimately be the one to respond to the issue with the help and feedback of the beautiful ladies in training. Smile I just want to say it should be a strong willed person who has a lot of drive and substantial knowledge of derby to run training committee. You really need to be able to key in on what skaters need so you know what to do in practices and how to help each skater reach their fullest potential.
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:52 am

Interleague Bout Coordinator

Communicate and contract with Natalie for interstate center

Communicate and contract with other leagues for bouts home and away

Make contracts

Send rosters (names, derby names, numbers, wftda numbers)

Send above to any mixers plus positions for each skater

Huge part of bout planning process

Contract usars for usars leagues at bouts

Coordinate with refs/nsos for home and away

Afterbout paperwork (nsos have stats n send them to other leagues plus afterbout insurance)

Hospitality packet to all visiting leagues (hotel, after party, venue directions maps)

Compile comp lists for home and away per skater

Make agenda for bout day (this can be either bout day coordinator or interleague or both)

Communicate with wftda and add skaters/spreadsheet/print-send waivers and money
Ass.Crack.Jack
Ass.Crack.Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks Jackers! We can push the nominations up to Wed incase anyone wants to run after looking at these. So nominate yourself or someone else!
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynncredible She-Hulk Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Ass.Crack.Jack wrote:PR Committee Head
Works with committee to choose design of bout posters.
Communicates with photographer (Annie) in regard to any photographs chosen for marketing/advertising, as Annie must first edit.
Works with graphic designer (Meltdown Graphix) for design of bout posters/flyers, as well as with graphic designer (Shannon Flies, Flies Design) for compilation of bout programs.
Interacts with printers (PIP Printing, Jerry and Bruce), arranging for all posters or flyers to be hung or distributed once they are available.
Ensures that bouts and other events are posted to community calendars, as well as that press releases are sent to major media stations and newspapers.
Acts as a point of contact with other merchants and individuals in the community to develop public relations opportunities.
Posts all MissFit events (i.e. PR, Fundraising, Bouts), working closely with Merch, Sponsorship, and Fundraising Committees, as events on Facebook.
Keeps the Facebook page up to date with information, such as scores and upcoming events.
Ensures that all necessary needs are present for any event (i.e. merchandise, flyers, schedules, tattoos, banner).
Oversees BruiseLetter committee, providing guidance and writing articles as needed.
Provides cheatsheet of information (i.e. upcoming events, sponsors, bout activities) to announcers for bouts.

Just wanted to include the Fundraising portion of this that Nonny had written before since it now is included with PR:

Fundraising specific description:

-Set up all fundraising events
-Be at almost every event from set up to clean up
-Do sign up genius for all events
-Set up committee meetings
-Work with the community in setting up places for fundraisers.

Lynncredible She-Hulk
Lynncredible She-Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  JMFK Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Ass.Crack.Jack wrote:Jobs in training committee:

Running practices-We write out the practice plan rotation according to Missfit training needs. We search for, write, and run drills according to practice plan and skaters needs. The drills must challenge skaters while bringing valuable learning experience for each skater. We also make sure every practice has a leader by creating the sign up genius, maintaining it and monitoring it. We also set up the practice scrimmages against other teams. Cross training(offskates) and injury prevention is an important part of practice time that we try to research and incorporate into practices as well.

Skater evaluations-We organize and run minimum skills testing each year for the bouting skaters and will use this information in practice planning and skater feedback. We will also be working with the fresh meat committee for try outs and training fresh meat and getting them passed on min skills before they join full league/scrimmage practices. We'll be assessing level of skill for transfer skaters(bouting or fresh meat) Watching bouts and scrimmages to provide feedback to skaters and help with future practice plans. We are also working on a new tryout method for drafting the travel teams so we may have something to do with that if/when it comes around.

Other coaching/training tasks: Ref rules on the forum. Addressing specific training needs of any skater. Working with referees on adhearing to wftda rule and expectations. Constantly researching and studying both our own leagues and others' strategy and technique so as to improve together as athletes. Learning and teaching new roller derby strategy and skating technique. Constantly challenging the skaters and learning with them to help everyone improve in the sport of roller derby. Working with the board and HR when moving forward in implementing any new training protocols within the league. Inviting other leagues to visit us for practice scrimmages.

As training committee head I do many of these tasks but many are shared duties of the entire committee but I do over see and monitor that it is all getting done and taken care of. You have to know all of the things so that if someone isn't/can't do it then you can-and will have too. If any problems or concerns arise from the league or HR I will ultimately be the one to respond to the issue with the help and feedback of the beautiful ladies in training. Smile I just want to say it should be a strong willed person who has a lot of drive and substantial knowledge of derby to run training committee. You really need to be able to key in on what skaters need so you know what to do in practices and how to help each skater reach their fullest potential.

Just wanted to add a little summary of some of my duties as co-head:
*Plan and organize a scheduled rotation of Wed/Sun practice themes and post to the forum

*Organize and announce committee meeting dates/times

*Post minutes from TC meetings to TC Facebook page/forum

*Discuss new goals and ideas to benefit the league on a regular basis with co-head and members of TC

*Organize and announce specific duties needed to be carried out by TC members

*Plan and Lead Wed/Sun practices
JMFK
JMFK

Birthday : 1981-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:02 pm

LAST CALL!!!!
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  hellsmelle Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:11 pm

I thought the cut off was Sunday?
hellsmelle
hellsmelle

Birthday : 1981-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:13 pm

It was, if you read above I said we would move it to today because the job titles had not been posted. We will post the nominations after practice today.
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  hellsmelle Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Bitch, you know I can't read!
hellsmelle
hellsmelle

Birthday : 1981-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Razz Wink
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynncredible She-Hulk Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:23 am

Bump. Chaos, here are all the committee head job descriptions.

Laursony and I are co-heads of PR/Fundraising, which was combined over a year ago. And Sponsorship 
is now its own committee with BSB and Katrina as co-heads.
Lynncredible She-Hulk
Lynncredible She-Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  Shawna Wilcox Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:12 am

This is awesome! Thanks Lynn...I tried to find this info for awhile. Very Happy
Shawna Wilcox
Shawna Wilcox

Birthday : 1985-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:55 am

Interleague is mostly the same.  We have never been the contact with the interstate center though?  

Also we don't use USARS anymore and any WFTDA insurance info is done thru the WFTDA committy, they are a sub of interleague and it's just Ice and Jackers.  

Interleague also fills out and sends in the wftda sanction workbooks for home and away bouts.
Camp
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Moxiezer0 Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Sorry camp that was me way back in the day. I think since I was pres and interleague I was contact for the interstate center.
Moxiezer0
Moxiezer0
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down