Mclean County MissFits

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mclean County MissFits
Mclean County MissFits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vote Vote Vote again please

+10
Dinah D. Molisher
hellsmelle
IceHurt
Joan Wayne Gacy
Ass.Crack.Jack
aMOXIEcilla
JMFK
Mark Embry
nonny noisemaker
Camp
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Vote Vote Vote again please - Page 2 Empty Re: Vote Vote Vote again please

Post  nonny noisemaker Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:57 pm

Agreed bruiz e and ice. Can we re-look at this?
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Birthday : 1979-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:41 am

Bruiz E HomeMaker wrote:I voted against this b/c I thought that people would be unintenionally breaking this rule all the time. While I dont want people giving my info to random strangers; I wear my jacket, have pics & my derby name on fb, etc all outside of derby.

I totally did the same, and have had derby stalkers (Freddy) that we currently work with. I have taken my derby name off FB, but that was because I have a rediculous about of "friends"
Camp
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Assassin Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:23 am

I voted yes, not thinking of all the small things that correlate my derby name with my human name. I personally thought of an instance where I appeared in a peoria paper n my derby name and real name and address were in an article. I soon got a letter from a prisoner wanting to be pen pals.....
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Birthday : 1981-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:12 am

What if we move more towards a more detailed confidentiality policy instead of this.Do not disclose confidential info unless there is a need for it(emergency) to share the info or if you have been authorized to share the info of other skaters and their names.

We all sign a confidential form stating this. Skaters and non skaters. As for ourselves we disclose at our own risk. I think all of us our good at knowing what is safe disclosure and what is not to protect ourselves and our fellow league members.
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Back to top Go down

Post  nonny noisemaker Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:15 am

And we can list specifics in the act what is considered an emergency and what is considered confidential information. Relooking and updating this should cover us personally.
nonny noisemaker
nonny noisemaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Embry Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Silent Assassin wrote:I voted yes, not thinking of all the small things that correlate my derby name with my human name. I personally thought of an instance where I appeared in a peoria paper n my derby name and real name and address were in an article. I soon got a letter from a prisoner wanting to be pen pals.....

That was me posing as a prisoner to be your pen pal, lol! jk
Mark Embry

Birthday : 1967-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent Assassin Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Lol mark it woulda been less creepy than Roman. I looked him up.....I'm waiting til he gets out in 2 years so we can get married Smile
Silent Assassin
Silent Assassin

Birthday : 1981-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Avoiding situations like Sass's was more what I had in mind - I wish we'd been able to talk about this before the vote, so I could have written a better proposal. I missed a lot of details.

Fortunately, I hope we're still figuring out a lot of next steps - once we have a governance committee going or whoever deals with procedures, maybe they can work on details of language and implementation?

I agree with almost everything that's been said - if I'd talked to you, I might not have voted for my own proposal! Although Ice, I'd respectfully disagree about the common sense and common courtesy part - I think we do need some sort of policy to point out concerns, and not just leave everything to common sense. Sometimes it isn't as common as we'd like - look at what happened to Sass - or notice that our real and derby names were all printed in the program for Mardi Brawl.

The points that I had in mind as important were:

1. Don't answer questions about other league members or their family/friends - "hey, that girl over there - does she work at MarcFirst? Does she have a daughter in 3rd grade at Washington School? Where does she live? Is she single? Do you have her number?" All of that should just get an "I don't know; you can ask her."

2. Watch what you say in interviews. Don't give out detailed identifying information. So no given names, and keep it to things like "oh, our skaters do all sorts of jobs - one is a pharmacy tech, and one is a teacher," not "one works the night shift at the CVS by the Courthouse, and the girl in this picture with "kiss my ass" on her butt and a beer in each hand teaches 2nd grade at Oakland school...."

3. The league shouldn't compel people to give out information unless necessary. So yeah, if you sign up for a job that involves signing contracts, you're agreeing to give out some details. But we shouldn't require people to put their given names in bios, or on programs.

4. (I didn't think of this one until yesterday, when people started asking about facebook.) We should probably come up with a facebook/electronic privacy policy that the league, when acting officially, will check what our members want to do, and respect that choice. So if we start using the MissFits page a lot to tag photos, we should ask if people want them tagged with a particular facebook account, and keep track of and respect that. Same if we start using any other social networking tool. And if we do an e-newsletter, we'll want to do a blind e-mail list. If anyone's in a job where they worry about certain types of photos getting out to the public, there should be a way they can let everyone know, so we can all look out for each other.

Oh - and one more tangentially related privacy issue - when we become a 501(c)3, certain information gets disclosed on our 990. If we set up that all league members are corporation members (which I really think we should), we may have to list everyone's name on the 990 each year. So if we have a big privacy talk, that's something to keep in mind, long-term.
Laura
Laura

Birthday : 1972-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross Leuck Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:34 am

Laura's reply is so long, its too early for me to read it. If someone asks me who a skater is, I always tell them their skater name. If they want more, I just tell them to talk to the person after the bout. Because ultimately, if they wanted to, they would anyways. Plus I don't know much about most skaters, so I may not be helpful to stalkers.
Ross Leuck
Ross Leuck

Birthday : 1977-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2