Mclean County MissFits

Did I miss something?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Did I miss something?

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:19 pm

So maybe I shouldn't post this . . but I'm kind of on this, lets just blurp it all out so yeah . .

Where did our league meetings go? There is so much going on in our league in all the different committees and teams that I feel kinda lost sometimes, and I know I am not the only one. I think its really important if we plan to continue to move forward on improving our league, that we get back to having these once a month. We all pay the same dues, this is our league and I think we deserve the right to know how certain things came to be. Sometimes I feel like we are just told things and have no idea how that idea even happened. And while I am a firm beleiver in trusting in your board members, that they are voted in to make the best decisions for the league, I am also a firm beleiver that the league has the right to agree and/or disagree and that those members should have the ability to voice thier feelings and have a vote about it. Committees should make the decisions for thier specific committee, but then those decisions should be brought to the league for a final vote. We should have a treasury report so we can see where our money is going. Etc. Total league transparency is so very important!! We all deserve to be informed and have our voice heard on any issue, even if we aren't a direct part of a specific committee. We need to vote on things, we need to know that all the voices are heard. Who knows . . that really quiet girl at practice, may have some really big ideas that could really change things. And honestly, if WFTDA came in tomorrow to interview us (which they did in Wisconsin) I don't think that a lot of us could answer some of thier questions.

So, maybe I just missed the date and am ranting for no reason . . but if not, could we maybe get back to doing that?? Possibly??

silent

Back to top Go down

Re: Did I miss something?

Post  aMOXIEcilla on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:46 pm

The next league meeting is in November. This has been an extremely crazy time for our league. def not an excuse at all. We have been putting decisions to votes thru hr communicated by the forum, surveys thru the forum n of course, as always, the board is very reachable. If a skater has concerns please voice them. Painbow does need to post the money. Wrecka does need to post meeting minutes. I will work harder to make sure we r all held accountable for this. Committes have reported to the board frequently but we trust those committees to make most of the decisions for their committees unless it directly affects league members in which we survey etc per the forum. But yes, a meeting would be grand. Jackers I believe has taken over meetings since we lost melle on the board. She will respond under this thread I'm sure with the date. In the meantime, if there r concerns please direct them to the board, committee heads or hr. This league belongs to all of u.
aMOXIEcilla

http://mcmissfits.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:27 am

Wow, Tayz, there's a lot of good stuff there!

What's this about WFTDA coming to interview people? I hadn't heard at all about that possibility - or much at all, really, about the whole WFTDA apprentice thing. Do you know more about how it works?
Laura

Birthday : 1972-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:13 pm

I agree that the board has lost sight of posting meeting minutes and important information. We will definitely get back to that. I personally apologize for making anyone feel out of the loop, we really haven't had many board meetings lately.
There is a poll headed everyone's way tomorrow, for meeting times.
We switched to quarterly meetings when the monthly meetings got to be too much in everyone's schedule. When we are so busy people get burnt out having derby stuff 3-4 times a week then having a monthly required meeting. We voted as a league to switch to quarterly meetings. I can include that in the agenda for our November meeting, to revote on frequency of league meetings.
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top