Mclean County MissFits

What the hecks a Mixer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What the hecks a Mixer

Post  Camp on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:04 am

So 7 of us went to the Diva Mixer in WI yesterday and where really unsure of what the heck to expect. So here is how it went...each leauge had between 2ish and 8ish girls, all the girls where split up into 4 teams. Say what, we don't get to play with our own...thats right new girls that you have never met before. It was really fun! So who plays?

Well this is how it went, team Zelda vs Team Mario...Zelda wins
Team Smac Man vs Team Space invadors...Smac Man wins
SO, Team Mario vs Team Space Invadors to determin 3rd and 4th place...Space Invators wins
Then, Team Smac Man vs Team Zelda...Smac Man wins 76 to 79...oh sooo close

It was really cool to learn new things from other people and connect to other leauges, see how they do things and all that jazz. I so recommend everyone doing this. It was a very long day, but there where a few bumps in the road as always.

OH and one more thing...that venue was THE SHIT!!! It was so cool and we need to build one!
Camp

Birthday : 1983-06-29

http://mcleancountymissfits.org

Back to top Go down

Re: What the hecks a Mixer

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:16 am

Thanks for the recap! More details please! More more more! Very Happy And pictures!

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:31 am

Pixie and Suicide have all the pictures...My team (Zelda) was great, we all just really jives. There was the one girl from Chicago Outfiter that annoyed me ALOT, but thats ok. Alot of talking we really where forced to talk in the packs. People where listening so well...I could yell from the back jammer outside and sure as sit someone was rushing to the outside.

There where several girls there who had never bouted before and several there who has lots of bout expierience. It was just really a big mix of people. There was this girl there that was AMAZING!! Guess shes a figure skater, and you could tell, but she was big, like basketball player tall and solid. I guess she told them she wasnt a jammer...but that girl could jam.
OH and Suicide and Daize beating the shit out of each other was pretty awesome to watch...oh and Im just sayin' I took out 3 people at once on my own Smile LOL it felt really good.

I also have to say, I really appriciate how much our community loves us...cause there where NO fans there...like non like maybe 100 people?! The venue wasnt big and I think if we had a place like that we would for sure sell it out in a few days. It was cool though the sides opened up so it was like playing outside...it was a little chilly and I think personally I would have closed off one side, but I still loved it.
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Ass.Crack.Jack on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:48 am

It was a pavillion with this huge curtains they had open. It was chilly when we weren't playing (the first 5 hours we were there, and in between bouts) but it felt awesome when we were playing! The breeze was amazing! It was definitely a venue made for MissFit jackets and it was awesome to see all 7 of us roaming around in sweet jackets!

My team, the Space Invaders, had quite a mix of girls-most had not bouted before, but we really meshed well together! I had Miss Tayz T. Cakes with me Smile I barely took the pivot panty off, he had me in almost every jam and I loved it! I did jam a few times (scored 8 points my first jam, and then Wrecksy brought me back down to earth on my second jam, she wasn't letting that happen again!) It was really awkward at first, going out in a pack of girls that you don't know, but it worked out and I had a blast! I am pretty sore today!

Also, I love our volunteers, fans and community! There was probably less than 100 at the beginning and by the last bout there was definitely less than 50 left in there. They were short on NSO's and refs (The same refs did ALL 4 bouts!) It really made me realize how good the MissFits really have it together, we are definitely blessed!
Ass.Crack.Jack

Birthday : 1988-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Awesome! Glad you guys had a good time!

Now...when are planning a mixer HERE? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  T Wrecks on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:00 am

I would LOVE to put some of this stuff on the website, since it was technically our first mixer...and it sounds like it was an awesome time! If one of you guys that went to the mixer wants to write something up, that'd be cool, or I can just summarize what Camp and Jackers wrote on the forum. Oh, and I would need a few pics, too! Smile
T Wrecks

Birthday : 1985-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Camp on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Sum that shit up...I know theres pics on everyones FB pages...you can snag some of those.
Camp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top